Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within. ~Lillian Smith

Jeep Boat Jeep to Monteverde

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 10 February 2008 | Views [1514]

Lake Arenal during Jeep Boat Jeep trip from La Fortuna to Monteverde

Lake Arenal during Jeep Boat Jeep trip from La Fortuna to Monteverde

It was another early morning. I´m heading to Santa Elena/Monteverde to see the cloud forests. My travel book recommended to take the Jeep Boat Jeep and I had met a couple last night that had arrived via that way. She said the roads were awful and it was so cold and windy that I was beginning to wonder if I shouldn´t be heading to the beaches instead. I kept with my plan and my trip consisted of a 20 minute ride in a van and then a 60 minute ride on a boat that went across Lake Arenal. It was very pretty and then it was a few hours on dirt roads to Santa Elena in a van  again. I wonder when they got rid of the jeeps? The roads were bad but they were no different than the ones we drove on when we went camping years ago so I was used to it. :)

It was very, very windy and a bit chilly at night. I saw my first rainbow when I arrived and yes, that meant it was raining. The hostel was downhill from town and so I walked up to get my bearings. It was about 3-4 blocks and so didn´t take too long. My dad would love this place, everyone gets around on motorcycles! I had lunch at the Tree House Restaurant and met another couple sitting next to me. I´ve met so many retirees that I think they take pity on me and so we have lunch or dinner together. Everyone has been so nice!

Tags: On the Road

About sregevig


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.