Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime I soon realized that no journey carries one far unless, as it extends into the world around us, it goes an equal distance into the world within. ~Lillian Smith

I´ve arrived in Costa Rica

COSTA RICA | Thursday, 7 February 2008 | Views [564]

After flying and/or spending quality time in 3 airports for the past 15 hours, I´ve arrived in Costa Rica!  And have no place to stay!  I read several times that to only use the taxis inside the airport but I needed to find a phone or computer to figure out where to go first.  So I walk outside to get the scope of the land and am immediately assailed by 10 drivers offering to take me somewhere.  I admit that I was a bit overwhelmed because there wasn´t a phone in sight but after walking in circles, I found a man holding a hostel sign.  I was saved!  This is what I remember on how it is supposed to be.  And then I saw another one, both names I recognized from my Lonely Planet book. I chose Hostel Pangea located in San Jose and there was a gal with a backpack waiting and she was going to the same place.  We ended up sharing the same dorm that night, walked around for an hour and got somewhat lost in finding the hostel again, grabbed dinner at the hostel and booked a whitewater rafting tour for the next day.  Past backpacking memories are quickly coming back to me.  No hot water for the shower and noise until 2 a.m.  And this is the life I´m going to lead for how many months?    

Tags: On the Road

 

About sregevig


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.