Existing Member?

There and Back Again Not all those who wander are lost

Activities

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 4 December 2007 | Views [763] | Comments [2]

The last few days in Melbourne have been a wonderful waste of planning time. Everyday we say we are getting up early or have this planned, and it comes to more or less nothing.


What HAS been achieved in the last few days is quite a considerable amount of alcohol consumed, a trip to the beach (which i can say isn't the best hang over cure) a trip to the casino (which worked out cheaper than the night in the bar at the hostel) and a whole afternoon watching Fawlty Towers.

First things first (and probably the most embarassing on my part) two of the longer staying residents of the hostel were moving out at the weekend. This lead to a drinking spree which ended in lots of drunken (and gomez) photos, it also however lead to me being the recipient of a free "Iraqi Occupation" which is some god awful shot mix which thankfully i've forgotten what it contains. However that finished me off, and i was required to be helped upto my bed by two gorgeous irish ladies (which i cant remember to save my life)

the next day was a write off, except i got kicked out of bed at 3pm in order to go down to the beach, feeling like i had wilderbeasts humping in my head it wasn't the best idea but i survived without further physical illness or sunburn so from the whole weekend i'm calling that a win.

Last night, i was all due for a lazy evening drinking a few drinks, reading my book, doing some writing, the boring things i do to save me the cost of being the life and soul of the pub on EVERY evening i go down there. Until someone mentions going to the casino, and i'm sold.

Four and a half hours of gambling later, in which time i had become some crazy chinese guys lucky charm, and had taught Paul the German (more about him later) the joys of roulette, we got a taxi home and fell into bed about 5am.

Turns out me and raúl were some of the first back from the party, but me and Paul turned out to be in a very limited number of people who actually made a profit from the days play, i have every intention of going back! especially now i have my pension money pumped into my account.

Now... Paul the German is eh quite logically a guy called Paul who is indeed German. he's become a good friend of mine and raúl's and after we kicked him out of a bit of a daze he found himself in, he may very well be journeying with us for a short period of time.

This works for us, because not only is he good to have around and fun company, he also has a car and stands to save me and raúl a fair bit of cash in rental charges, mercenary of us yes, but something has to make up for the fact he is german!

right thats enough pointless yammering from me! still no hope on the photos which is annoying me, i'm returning to the hostel for a short afternoon nap (as due to the casino i slept all of 3 hours today) and then its downstairs for cheap STEAK! and quiz night... and as our team came 2nd last week and won a 15 dollar bar tap, we have much to live upto this week.

Tags: Misadventures

Comments

1

only second?? i really am a little disappointed in the pair of you.
cheap steak, however, is one of the things that makes the world go round

  kylee Dec 5, 2007 7:41 AM

2

Hi mate it's Tim just want to wish you luck on your trip from stef and myself,hope it's a good one,i'll keep an eye on the blog you lucky s.o.b, makin all of us wish we weren't stuck in this crud hole. HAVE FUN!

  Tim Dec 5, 2007 11:31 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.