Existing Member?

My very exciting adventure's

Providence, Rhode Island

USA | Sunday, 24 March 2013 | Views [448]

We caught the train to Providence from Boston, was only a half hour ride but did allow for some views of the surrounding country side.  Being winter the trees are bare except for a light covering of snow. The colours were pretty cool even without the leaves it reminded me of autumn, burnt orange, yellow really rustic looking.

although only there for less than 24 hours or so, Providence looked to be a nice place. The people were very friendly and really helpful with directions etc. I was really sad the learn that The Barkery ( from the Tv show) was actually a dog wash and pet grooming place and not Joanies Barkery. The bed and breakfast we stayed at was awesome.... With the exception of millions of stairs and no lift. Took me quite a few rest stops on each floor before I made it to my room at the top, but it was worth it! I loved my room, the big fluffy bed was like a cloud, cosy chairs to curl up and watch out the window. It snowed overnight, so I got up early and curled up in the chair next to the window just dozing and relaxing. 

I wandered down to the shopping centre the night before in search of food, I had realised that I had not eaten at all that day. My travel mate however managed to get herself something before we boarded the train and munched away happily beside me As we travelled. I found a great bar and grill and ordered the yummiest steak and veg. Had a few drinks and chatted away with some of the locals, then i took myself off to have a wander around a look about. 

Great place, I have posted a few pics xxxxx

next stop New York

s

 

How cute is this place

How cute is this place

Tags: providence, snow

About sharonleigh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.