Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Ask the Photographer: FAQs with Jason Edwards - Travel Photography Scholarship

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 23 August 2011 | Views [38078] | Comments [44]

 

We have created ASK JASON - FAQ's video blog with our program mentor, Jason Edwards.  Hopefully you will find the answer to any questions you might have about the Travel Photography  Scholarship.

1. Tell me more about the photographic theme. Can a 'place' be anywhere? How many photos should I submit?

VIDEO ANSWER

2. I have a technical question about;

a) Colour calibration.

VIDEO ANSWER

b) Saturation and Contrast

VIDEO ANSWER

c) Sharpening

VIDEO ANSWER

d) Cropping

VIDEO ANSWER

e) Digital Enhancement

VIDEO ANSWER

3. What kind of camera/equipment can I use to take my photos?

VIDEO ANSWER

4. Am I eligible to apply? What constitutes a professional or semi-professional?

VIDEO ANSWER

5. How does the judging work? What exactly will I be judged on?

VIDEO ANSWER

6. What will I get out of this scholarship?

VIDEO ANSWER

Don't have time  to watch the videos? Here are a few tips about Judging Criteria and Digital Adjustments.

1.Preparing your entries - digital adjustment guideline


-Calibration and colour Images must be colour profiled/corrected using a calibrated monitor and utilising Adobe RGB 98 colour space before submission. Allowances will NOT be made for poorly colour managed/corrected images.

-Please ensure your images are not over saturated and faithfully represent the subject matter. The same applies to Contrast Levels, the resultant image should be realistic.

-Sharpening is allowed but use sparingly – many images are ruined by over-sharpening. Likewise for Noise Reduction, only use this function where absolutely necessary, and keep it to a minimum.

-Mild cropping is allowed, but please be mindful that if you are a finalist and the original file is requested for comparison with your submitted image, you may be penalized for excessive cropping. We are interested in your ability to capture the image at the time, not find the perfect composition whilst sitting at the computer.

-Digital adjustments are only acceptable if limited to minor cleaning work (removing dust spots), levels, curves, colour, saturation and contrast work. Setting the Black and White Points, minor adjustments to the Curves and correcting for any colour shifts should be all that is required.

-Compositing and multiple exposures are not allowed. Sandwich shots, double exposures, photographs which consist in any way of more than one separate image and images that have been digitally manipulated are not eligible.

-Adding or removing people, animals, parts of animals, plants, reflections, distractions, architecture, objects etc into/from the image is NOT allowed. Always keep in mind as a finalist you may be required to submit the original file or film for comparison.

The faithful representation of what was captured at the time of the shot
being taken must be maintained.

2. Judging Process

Jason has identified the 10 key criteria your entry will be judged on in the judging process below. Please read them carefully before lodging your application for the
best chance of success.

1. Composition: Every element should have it's place in an image, even shadows and highlights.

2. Exposure: The exposure should match the tone and mood of the image, without manipulating the integrity of the subject matter.

3. Originality: There are more images being taken in the world today, but there are fewer photographers. See it differently.

4. Story: Every individual frame should tell a story, if an image doesn't do this then remove it.

5. Opinionated: Is your story opinionated? It does not have to be a moral or ethical viewpoint just your emotion coming through.

6. Depth: Have you explored your story or scraped the surface?

7. Captioning: Do not rely on an editor seeing everything you see in an image. Provide at least some background to what is happening in the frame.

8. Reason why you should win: Always a personal viewpoint, entrants are ranked based on what they hope to gain from the experience and what they hope to contribute back to the greater community. Entries over 300 words will be ineligible for judging, so don't go over!

9. Willingness to learn: Very, very important! It is a scholarship, and the successful applicant had to be willing to learn, and in some cases re-learn elements of their photographic technique and how they behave as photographers.

*Note: In addition to learning about you as a person I also look for answers to Judging Criteria 8 and 9 in the 300 word essay. But please do not exceed the word count!

10. Contribution to Photography: Did the images and story as a whole contribute something to the art of photography?

3. Some final thoughts from Jason...

Today the world is awash in imagery but there are fewer Photographers. Is the art of photography dying, quite possibly, and the root cause is the reliance on post-production software to make poor images better. Our scholarship provides a unique opportunity to learn the art of making a beautiful image in the field rather than in front of the computer. I am not interested in your skills with imaging software, in fact quite the opposite.

We are looking for an individual with potential, and the greatest desire to listen and learn. I am working on this assignment and will need your assistance; this will take patience and focus. Remember that we analyse every image in your submission, so read the Judging process and Conditions carefully. If one frame is weak then leave it out, you do not necessarily have to submit five images. In addition, the format of your entry does not matter, film, digital, and 35mm or medium format. However, if you are mixing formats ensure the images work together.

The theme of your story does not have to be wondrous or exotic, just a place you have visited. Look at your immediate life and be creative.

Want to hear more from Jason? Check out his personal photography blog here.



Find Jason on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jason-Edwards-Photography/298894843459544

Please read this post & all comments below Before posting a new comment

Travel. Learn. Create.

For all of you aspiring creatives, check out our Scholarships page and sign up to hear about our latest opportunities, tips, advice and interviews with industry professionals in the fields of photography, travel writing and filmmaking.

And if you're lucky enough to be mentored by one of our industry professionals, it could kick start your career!

About WorldNomads.com

WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely.  Whether you’re off for a long weekend, looking for the ultimate adventure or living the nomadic dream, you’ll stay safe with Travel Insurance you can buy online, anytime, and the latest travel safety advice. Learn how to flirt in over 25 languages with our free language guides and have an experience of a lifetime on a travel scholarship. We'll also help you share your journey with a free travel blog, get answers from other nomads to all of your travel questions (try the new 'Ask A Nomad' iPad app) and donate to a local community development project through our Footprints program.  

WorldNomads.com - an essential part of every adventurous traveller's journey.

Comments

1

Great tips, will start shooting for the contest :)

  Amina Aug 24, 2011 3:01 PM

2

I want to calibrate my Mac Computer to RGB but it has a few options: Adobe RGB (1998), Apple RGB, CIE RGB, Colour match RGB, ProPhoto RGB - which one of these is the correct one as per your requirements for this competition please? Thank you for your time.

Hi Debbie,

Apologies for the silence I was out of town. I am thinking it might be useful to try and create a 'generic' set of monitor settings so people will know what to look for. Leave it with me and I'll try and come up with something for you.

Thanks for the post!

Jason

  Debbie Dodd Aug 26, 2011 3:58 PM

3

I was never so happy to see an advert banner on youtube until today.
This would be my dream come true, and I will do my best to win the scolarship.

Tito

  Titox Sep 2, 2011 6:10 AM

4

Hey Jason,

This program is exactly like the one I always dreamt of being a part of. Great to have this, which particularly favors amateurs. Could you please send me your email ID so that I can contact you? Watching your videos, I loved the way you were serious about producing a great picture with any available equipment. I really wanna learn a lot from you brother.

Yashraj.

  Yashraj Sep 3, 2011 1:56 AM

5

Is it allowed to convert color photos into B/W one? Or sepia toned one?

Thank before :)

Hi Sandy,

Yes it's fine to convert colour to sepia or black and white, however please remember to process the images only as much as you need to to reproduce what you originally captured. Do not go crazy as this will only hamper your chances of success.

Jason

  Sandy Sep 4, 2011 8:02 PM

6

Does someone know where to paste the flickr album link?
Thanks a lot.

Hi Blas,

To upload your Flickr set, you need to sign in to your Journal, click Photos, then choose 'add a new Photo gallery'. Here you have the option under 'Photo Storage' to reference your Flickr set. Choose this option and then insert the URL.

Good luck!
Alicia

  Blas Sep 6, 2011 1:34 AM

7

Hi Jason,
So exited to participate, opportunity of a life time! i just have 1 question, the theme of 5 photos needs to be sequence of a particular event? Or could it be a combination of place/things/people that represents what i'm trying to show in photos. Ex. if say the theme is Brazil, do I show 5 diff carnival shots, or 5 different walks of life shots in Brazil in general - people/places/nature? Thanks!

Julie, The images do not need to be sequential from an event, and yes they can be a combination. However, please remember every image must tell a story and THEN the images must work TOGETHER to tell a story about the PLACE you have visited. Five great stand-alone images will not win the Scholarship.

Cheers,

Jason

  julie Sep 9, 2011 6:19 AM

8

Hi. I was wondering if the images need to be of a certain dpi or of a certain resolution?
Thanks.

Enternalentity1, I'm not completely familiar with the back end of the gallery. At a guess I'd say 72 dpi as it will be viewed on the web and 1024 pixels longest length but let me check.

Cheers

Jason

  eternalentity1 Sep 10, 2011 9:38 PM

9

Hi Jason,

Lets say I have 5 great pictures from a travel to Paris, and I have other 5 great pictures I made at the park in front of my house. Is it possible to apply twice in this contest, with 2 different photography projects?

Thanks for replying.

Rio, Sorry only one entry per person! Select which set of images are the strongest across all of the judging criteria and enter those.

Cheers

Jason

  Río Sep 12, 2011 3:29 AM

10

Thanks Jason, got it!

  julie Sep 13, 2011 4:46 AM

11

Hi! I'll be 18 before the trip but not before entries close. Can I apply?

Hi Mel,

Unfortunately, you need to be 18 at the time of entry. However, this is an annual scholarship - so check in with us again next year.

Cheers,
Alicia
WorldNomads.com

  Mel Sep 13, 2011 8:42 AM

12

Thanks Alicia. I'll look forward to next year with heaps of time ot prepare :)

  Mel Sep 13, 2011 2:15 PM

13

Hi Jason,
I just made myself a world nomads profile and uploaded my series. I'm not certain if I filled out an entry form.. I'm just wondering if I'm registered yet, and how I may go about doing so.

Hi Kate-ray,

In order to apply, you need to fill out the application form here:
http://www.worldnomads.com/scholarships/photo_scholarship_application.aspx, this is also where you can upload your photos.

Cheers,
Alicia
WorldNomads.com

  kate-ray Sep 15, 2011 6:14 AM

14

Hi Alicia,

This is my picture that I still concern, just because it is combine by 02 pictures. If it is out of photo rules in this scholarship, please let me know so that I could change another picture.

http://journals.worldnomads.com/namlongnguyen/photo/30115/806021/Vietnam/He-was-so-happy-playing-with-the-balloons-he-always-smile-and-then-he-slept-in

Namlongnguyen, Please also see my response to this query on the other blog. You cannot submit a picture that contains two frames, only a single frame per picture.

Cheers

Jason

  namlongnguyen Sep 25, 2011 9:59 AM

15

Hi there, just uploaded my photos but was concerned that the images displayed are only 520x346 pixels. I am hoping that the judges have access to more detail than that in the photos submitted? If not, I may crop one of my photos a little more to be able to see the birds clearly. Please let me know either way.
Thanks, Robin

Hi Robin, I cannot see your images because I don't view material before judging closes but my suggestion is that if there are crucial components to an image that you think might be lost, then either increase the file size or crop a little tighter, but not too much cropping! I'd suggest your files would need to be at least 1024 pixels long on the longest length.

Cheers

Jason

  robin_nagy Oct 4, 2011 3:37 PM

16

What about the resolution requirement ....Unfortunately .one of the image supposed to be in the series is 1024x 625 ..and l lost the RAW... shall i proceed with the image ... please reply ASAP

Hi Suresh, Please see my comment for Robin about resolution. If you only have 1024 pixels then please still submit that.

Cheers

Jason

  Suresh Babu Oct 17, 2011 5:24 PM

17

I want this scholarship, photography is my passion, I love our planet, I love the people on this planet, I love wildlife and above all I love to tell a story with my pictures. I come from Venezuela but I speak fluent English and French. I´m going to go with Jason to South Africa. Thank you for reading my message.

Hi Teresa thanks for the post and good luck!

Cheers

Jason

  Teresa Briceño Oct 24, 2011 10:30 AM

18

Please respond :
1. I heard through sources that the panel prefer Individual with education in photography/allied arts or some connection with photography as a profession though it claimed the platform for the non-professional ..
2.Earlier there were complaints that some of the journals could not have been viewed by judges ...especially entries in the last week of submission ... if it so ..not genuine et all ...please dont open the entries till the deadline ..left not viewing any of the journals ....

Thomas,

1. Your 'sources' are very mistaken about what we prefer as we do not care what people's backgrounds are. Over the years the finalists have been from all walks of life and from all ages, young and old. The initial round of judging is undertaken by several judges and then I judge the finalists anonymously. It is only at the end when I read the written component that I learn something of the entrant which is only one element in ten of the judging criteria.

People who have some training in photography might have certain skills other do not have but I can guarantee you it will not necessarily win them the Scholarship. After all I was self-taught with no formal photographic training!

2. I can also guarantee you that the judging panel reviews all entries submitted even those that come in right on the deadline, which seems to be most! Keep in mind this is a photography Scholarship so the judging panel will be looking at the standard of photography first and foremost, so all entries are reviewed.

Cheers

Jason

  Thomas Oct 26, 2011 7:09 PM

19

Sorry to be a pain Jason - not quite clear about your reply to my question. The file size of each of the photos I uploaded was between 5MB and 8MB and 3888x2592 pixels, but the images displayed on the World Nomads Journal are just 78kB and 520x346 pixels. Are the judges going to be able to see the files I uploaded or just these low resolution web images? Thanks.

Hi Robin, All photos uploaded on the worldnomads site are 520 pixels along the longest side. If you want larger images, you can put your set on flickr, and select the 'link to flickr set' option in the application form.

Regardless of size, photo sets that are shortlisted are usually asked to provide the original pictures for verification.

  Robin Nagy Oct 26, 2011 7:14 PM

20

Hi Everyone,

My assistant Katie has insisted I move into the 21st Century and start a blog and facebook page to keep everyone in touch with my movements along with thoughts, tips and behind the scenes advice. Please feel free to sign up for the blog and also 'like' the facebook page and don't hesitate to bounce them around your networks. I gather that's what's meant to happen with such things!

Cheers

Jason

http://jasonedwardsphotography.com/blog/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jason-Edwards-Photography/298894843459544

  Jason Oct 28, 2011 8:50 AM

21

I can participate with my essay in Spanish?

Javier, I can likely survive your entry being in Spanish because my wife is fluent and I have a little, although I cannot speak for the other judges. I would suggest it best to try it n English or use a language translator. I DO NOT penalise people for having only a little English so do not fear if your English is not great.

Jason

  Javier Solis Oct 28, 2011 4:02 PM

22

Hi Jason

I have had a deep look in your tutorials and videos with tips and clarifications for the photo competition.
I really like the idea of not over processing the photos, as you said could be nice or punchy but ins not the reality that we saw ( if there is any reality, but that is another philosophical question) but if for example you look at the national geographic web page, the winners of the photo contest are superb images but are truly over processed, can you please tell me your opinion regarding this topic.
Best regards

Federico, yes I completely agree with you about the winning images on the web site in my opinion they are over treated and over manipulated. Personally I am uncomfortable when images like this win any competition because it gives people the impression that is what the market wishes to see or more importantly that that is how the scene actually looked. I mean really, who would believe certain things look the way people process them to be!

However, Geographic is a VERY large organisation and people are entitled to their opinion and whatever staff are reviewing the entries either personally like that style, or are only submitted those types of images so are left with no choice. I literally do not know which scenario it is, but in this event I have control over what I select! I'd suggest you post comments on their sites or contact them to voice your concerns.

I might do a small blog post on my site about this issue would you be comfortable with me using your question to start it off?

Cheers

Jason

  Federico Oct 28, 2011 5:49 PM

23

Hi, Jason.
Actually iam not a professional photographer, but i love to take camera with me whenever i go to any particular place where i can expect the content for the field. Right now i have 1200 pictures about the last year FLOOD IN PAKISTAN and thinking that it will help me in this oppurtunity... so i don't know the basic like pixels , resolutions...precisely my question to Jason is that can i still upload the entries .. :(.

Musawar, Yes you can still enter. Because the World Nomads website re-sizes the entries they do not need to be too large initially. I would suggest a resolution of 72 ppi/dpi and a pixel length of 1024 pixels of the longest length of the image.

Cheers

Jason

  Musawar Oct 29, 2011 2:47 AM

24

Thanks for your response Jason. Given that I have already entered the comp, I cannot now link to a Flickr set, so am stuck with the 520x resolution (I hope this doesn't disadvantage my entry). I will therefore crop one of the photos a bit more so you will be able to see it better on the World Nomad site and hope that the rest will get through the initial stages so the photos can be judged as hi-res images. Best wishes, Robin.

  robin_nagy Oct 29, 2011 4:40 PM

25

Hi Jason

Thank you very much for your answer, i really appreciate that you give us your time in order to help us to grow up as photographers.
Your replay help me/us to try to understand what is going on with the image manipulation.
A situation that is very complex from my point of view, and is bigger than the photography it self, i think we are living in a world that is over over stimulated, we are bombarding our senses with all kind of stimulus, screens are brighter, music is louder , candies are sweeter and photos are like rockets direct to your brain with a lot of sharp, colors and contrast that blow up your mind for a seconds, and nobody care ( general speaking) or take the time to think if that stimulus/images are genuine or not.
ok sorry i will stop here, my english is not good enough , and if i have to be honest i do not know if even in my mother tongue i can express this idea in a clear way.

Regarding which scenario the jury of NG are facing i think they choose the manipulated images because they want, i saw real good photos not over processed amongst finalist.

About use the original question to start a post in your blog, no problem i will be comfortable

Before say good bay i would like to clarify , that this comment are made from my ignorance ,and from a humble position and is not my intention to offend anybody, i´m just asking because i want to learn
All the best
Fede.

  Federico Oct 29, 2011 7:16 PM

26

Hi Jason, thanks a lot for your suggestion. I translated my story, the main text, I kept the title in Spanish because it is louder. The Google translator is today my best friend.

I just have one more question: The close caption titles can be embeded inside the pictures like a textbox?

Thanks again,

Javier S.

Javier, I would NOT imbed the caption in the image as it will distract from the overall effect for the judges. Supply your captions on the site but NOT in the picture frame itself.

Cheers

Jason

  Javier Solis Oct 30, 2011 3:41 AM

27

I apologize, but I can't find an answer anywhere...

In application form under number 3. you tell us to say "about these photos and yourself " and we have a space for 300 words...

Since my essay is in 300 words, I am not sure where to describe photos...

Thank you very much...

Best regards!

Gordana, Have a look at Judging Process 7) and 9). In the 300 word written component it is more important for me to learn about you as a person, and also about what photography means to you and what you'd like to gain from the experience. DO NOT tell me about the pictures you have submitted as that should be done in the captioning. For the image captions supply your captions in the image metadata or on the site if that is possible but NOT in the picture frame itself. Let me know if this makes sense.

Cheers

Jason

  Gordana Oct 31, 2011 4:37 AM

28

Thanks Robin no worries we will let you know if it's an issue.

Fede, Thanks for the response, I thought your query very valid so no offence taken!

Cheers

Jason

  Jason Oct 31, 2011 8:48 AM

29

Hi Jason,

I first just wanted to say thank you for taking part in this scholarship --I'm looking forward to uploading my entry! Before I do so, I had a quick question about the colour calibration note (Calibration and colour Images must be colour profiled/corrected using a calibrated monitor and utilising Adobe RGB 98 colour space before submission. Allowances will NOT be made for poorly colour managed/corrected images.)...I use iPhoto for my photos and am not quite sure where to change the settings to Adobe RGB. Do I need to edit the photos in another programme before uploading them here? Apologies if you've answered this question already, but I was just slightly confused about making sure my colour settings are correct.

Thank you in advance! - Candace

Hi Candace, No worries this is a complicated issue as there are sooo many systems out there it is impossible to provide a standard set of settings that will not confuse EVERYONE, including myself.

I've not worked on images in iphoto but let's look at it this way, if you are happy with how they look on the WN's portal and/or Flickr depending on which format you chose, then they should be fine. We are not going to penalise someone if their colours are a bit out only if they are WAY out and no time has been taken.

When you export your images from iphoto as jpegs just check to see if they are in the sRGB colour space and if so that is fine. I find the best way to do the master files is in Adobe 98 and then export those same files as sRGB for web. Does that make sense?

Cheers

Jason

  Candace Nov 1, 2011 12:07 AM

30

Hi Everyone,

I posted the following on my blog just in case you missed it. http://jasonedwardsphotography.com/blog/

It is amazing how fast time has passed and the closing date for the 2011 National Geographic World Nomads Photography Scholarship is upon us (8th of November). I thought I'd post a few reminders for those still preparing their entry and for people a little more organised who may wish to check their submission again.

Now I don't want to confuse anyone so this post is simply a reminder about certain elements of the Scholarship and it does not circumvent nor replace everything that is on the World Nomads site.

So let's go over a few things:

1. The closing date and time is calculated on Australian time. (November 8th 2pm Australian Eastern Daylight time sharp! - Late entries will not be accepted!)
Be sure you know when that equates to your local time so that you don’t miss the cut off!

2. Don’t leave it until the last minute to upload your entry, as there may be a backlog.

3. Remember to supply image captions!

4. Use the 300-word essay to tell me about yourself, your photography, and what you hope to achieve through your photography. It’s your opportunity to sell yourself! Do NOT use this text to tell me about the images you submitted that’s what image captions are for.

5. Revisit the Judging Process and read all ten points to be sure you have done what is asked.

6. DO NOT EXCEED THE 300 WORD ESSAY LIMIT! Entries that exceed the limit CANNOT win!!! Seriously, just do a word count on your text.

7. This is not an event for professionals, be sure you do not qualify as such (see Am I Eligible video).

8. Don’t include a weak image in your submission, if you have four great images and one weak image leave it out.

9. Your images are meant to illustrate a PLACE you have visited, and the SENSE OF PLACE must be palpable.

10. The ‘place’ does not have to be exotic it can be your neighbourhood, your bedroom or the other side of the planet it really doesn’t matter.

11. If you are a finalist I WILL penalise you for excessive treatment of your images. Losing a single point might cost you the Scholarship so please be conservative when preparing your images! If in doubt please re-read the Digital Adjustment Guidelines.

12. We are looking for an individual with potential, and the greatest desire to listen and learn. I am working on this assignment and will need your assistance; this will take patience and focus.

Have fun and good luck!

Jason

  Jason Nov 2, 2011 8:06 PM

31

Guys 300 words or less! NOT 301, 305 or 357, but 300 or less. Play it safe and do 295 if need be! Put your text in Word and do a word count because that's what I will do! If you cannot get that part right you cannot survive the Scholarship!

Cheers

Jason

  Jason Nov 3, 2011 8:08 PM

32

Thank you very much for your answer...I just need one more information...

I made a photo with Nikonom camera but I had to use adapter so called "t ring" to attach camera to telescope... I am not sure am I allowed to make photos with that kind of equpiment, so I will be very very grateful for your answer...

best regards!

  Gordana Nov 3, 2011 11:55 PM

33

32) Gordana, That is fine to create your images that way.

Hi Everyone,

Just copying this exchange across from my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jason-Edwards-Photography/298894843459544

Annalisa Burello Hi Jason, I'm working on the pictures to submit and I have a couple of questions: can I watermark the photos, if yes, where and what size and DPI should they be, i.e. web format or print format? I cannot find those answers anywhere. Thanks!
Yesterday at 18:43 · Like

Jason Edwards Photography Hi Annalisa you can if you like but just be certain it doesn't distract from the image. Just make the longest length 1024 pixels and the resolution 72ppi and the site will do the rest.
23 hours ago · Like
Annalisa Burello Thank you JAson. I have submitted my images however I cannot see any other's journal. I thought once I opened an account, I would be able to see other people's entries. Is that not the case?
21 hours ago · Like

Jason Edwards Photography Not sure, as I don't review entries prior to closing. Please copy and paste this thread into the competition blog on World Nomads and Alicia will let you know. Best to put all queries there in case others are having the same issues. Cheers J

98) Dilantha, They do not have to be of the same animal but the story and sense of place you have visited must be prominent.

Best

Jason

  Jason Nov 4, 2011 8:30 AM

34

I wonder if photos need to be taken with somewhat professional-grade camera equipment. I presume when you look at the photo properties you can see the type of camera used. The photos I'm thinking of submitting I took with a very simple camera with little or no manipulation of camera settings. I have a higher-grade SLR camera and know how to use its features, but in terms of the "story" telling guidelines, I feel my best photos were taken before I got the SLR last year (most of its photos are wildlife). What are your thoughts on this. Thank you.

  Shara Nov 4, 2011 8:38 AM

35

Hi Sir Jason!

Can i submit photos edited in PICASA and ADOBE PHOTOSHOP LIGTHROOM?
If given the chance to be scholar... are we the to provide our own equipment, camera and accessories?

Hope to hear from you.

Anthony

  TONY Nov 4, 2011 7:12 PM

36

35) Shara, Camera equipment does not matter at all! Submit what you thinks works best as we have no interest in the brand etc it's all about the image! In fact, in all my years of publishing pictures clients rarely ask about the gear I use they are always more interested in the images.

36) Anthony, Yes any editing software is fine just keep the treatment to the images to a minimum. We usually assume the winner will have some gear as they've taken pictures to enter, however depending on what they have I might be able to assist them in the field. Just ask Anna and Dat, they were always raiding my gear!

Best

Jason

  Jason Nov 4, 2011 8:30 PM

37

follow up question.
With this activity/event any particular gears? any recommendations?

tnx.
Anthony

  Anthony Nov 6, 2011 12:06 AM

38

Dear Jason,
I have uploaded my photos. My tags are in place along with the title of the gallery but I am unable to find my photos on the link mentioned above. Can you please tell me what to do?
Regards,
Tithi

  hueinshadow Nov 7, 2011 8:26 AM

39

37) Anthony, please see my response to 36) also I will likely go over gear requirements with the winner when we have one, so that I can see what they have and what they need.

38) Tithi, I'll get Alicia to check for you as I don't have access.

Cheers

Jason

  Jason Nov 7, 2011 10:41 AM

40

Hi Everyone,

Let the mayhem begin! For those of you who have completed your entries well done, for those that are still working on them please remember we close at 2pm Sydney time Tuesday November 8.

Best of luck to all!

Jason

  Jason Nov 7, 2011 8:55 PM

41

41) Deva, Please have a look at the link Alicia has posted on the blog (#110), on the main competition page to see if your entry is on that list. If not maybe post another query asap on that page for Alicia.

Cheers

Jason

  Jason Nov 8, 2011 7:56 AM

42

Thank you, Jason. That's what I did and I see my entry.
Thansks for the opportunity.

Deva

  deva Nov 8, 2011 12:09 PM

43

Good Luck to everyone..happy to have submitted my entries!!

Markymark

  markymark Nov 8, 2011 1:42 PM

44

I submitted my photos yesterday with the correct tags and everything but I don't see them on the link you provided to make sure you all received them? Is there any way to ensure that you all got them?
Thanks!
Kristen Bacon

  6bacon22 Nov 9, 2011 1:33 AM

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.