Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Anna versus Antarctica!

ANTARCTICA | Thursday, 15 April 2010 | Views [7324]

Anna Zhu, photo by Jason Edwards, National Geographic

Our lucky Travel Photography Scholarship lady is back from Antarctica where she spent 13 days with Nat Geo on assignment photographer and mentor Jason Edwards.

Whilst Anna works on her wildly anticipated portfolio of photos, you can read about her Antarctic adventure. Battling 40 foot sea swells, failing equipment, persistent sea sickness and exhaustion, Anna finds magical moments with fur seals napping on bergs and marvels the pure majesty of the ice like 'blue neon sculptures' and 'speckled silk'.

READ ANNA'S JOURNAL

Travel. Learn. Create.

For all of you aspiring creatives, check out our Scholarships page and sign up to hear about our latest opportunities, tips, advice and interviews with industry professionals in the fields of photography, travel writing and filmmaking.

And if you're lucky enough to be mentored by one of our industry professionals, it could kick start your career!

About WorldNomads.com

WorldNomads.com keeps you travelling safely.  Whether you’re off for a long weekend, looking for the ultimate adventure or living the nomadic dream, you’ll stay safe with Travel Insurance you can buy online, anytime, and the latest travel safety advice. Learn how to flirt in over 25 languages with our free language guides and have an experience of a lifetime on a travel scholarship. We'll also help you share your journey with a free travel blog, get answers from other nomads to all of your travel questions (try the new 'Ask A Nomad' iPad app) and donate to a local community development project through our Footprints program.  

WorldNomads.com - an essential part of every adventurous traveller's journey.


 

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Antarctica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.