Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

Travel Scholarship Program - one year on

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 17 July 2008 | Views [5617]

Photo by Cameron Herweynen, Garma Festival 2007

Photo by Cameron Herweynen, Garma Festival 2007

It's almost a year since we kicked off our first Scholarship Program - sending Cameron Herweynen up to Arhnem Land, Australia to photograph the Garma Festival under mentorship from Mark Rogers.

 

 

One year on and what's Cameron up to?

Well, what's he not up to!

Cameron has recently been appointed as the East Australian correspondent for The Wide Angle International Photo Agency which he is understandably pretty chuffed about!

He tells us they were really impressed with his photos of the Yolngu people (weren't we all!) - so we are ecstatic that the Scholarship experience has helped open these doors for Cameron.

He's also been busy working as the official photographer for the Dreaming Festival - another brilliant indigenous event in Australia, documenting indigenous theatre, concerts and traditional dancing.

To complete the circle, Cameron has been invited back to photograph the Garma Festival. Cameron is looking forward to re-uniting with his Yolngu friends and plans to stay on in Arnhem Land with a local family after the event.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photo by Cameron Herweynen, Garma Festival 2007

Cameron has also had images published on various websites and in French Magazine Les Exploratures.

 

And what next for Cameron?

More travel in Arnhem Land and Northern Australia continuing to photograph the Aboriginal people - and there's rumblings of a book in the making.......

I want to go on assignment!

If Cameron's story has inspired you - make sure you SIGN UP TO THE TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP MAILING LIST to find out about our 2009 program.


.

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.