Existing Member?

Travel Scholarships - Travel. Experience. Contribute.

2008 Podcast Documentary Scholarship - the winner!

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 28 January 2008 | Views [6502]

It's been a difficult and exciting week for our judging panel selecting the next intrepid World Nomads journalist for our Cambodia assignment. The standard was excellent and it came down to two very talented individuals.

Thank you to our judging panel for their time and expertise;

Timothy Latham - ABC Radio Executive Producer and Author

David Britton - Marketing & Fundraising Director, The Fred Hollows Foundation

Chris Noble - Global Marketing Manager, WorldNomads.com

And the winner is....

Kylie Stephensonfrom University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia.

Congratulations Kylie!

Our judges thought Kylie showed mature use of the medium with clear scripting and good story telling and demonstrated a solid technical understanding with cross fades and a touch of music.

Kylie takes the listener on a story with a clear beginning, middle and end, managing to combine two stories which both support the theme of "opening up ones eyes". An excellent piece.

Our runner up is Peter Lovegrovefrom London College of Communication, UK.

Peter showed good editing and editorial skills. Lovely mix at the top with music and sfx successfully taking the listener into the city and the university. Simple and effective story telling complete with a mixture of voices keeps up the pace and movement. By including some of his questions in the interview Peter demonstrates his interviewing ability and takes the listener onto 'location'. Great stuff.

Our Shortlist


Applicants who made our shortlist also deserve a special mention (in alphabetical order);

Jessica Noske-Turner
Susannah Palk
Christianna Reinstein
Cobi Smith

Thank you to every student who took the time to apply, we appreciate your efforts.

Stay tuned to hear about Kylie's adventure and our next exciting scholarship opportunity.....

 

 

About scholarships


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.