Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Rakija in Zagreb

CROATIA | Sunday, 5 October 2014 | Views [608]

Cool church roof in Zagreb

Cool church roof in Zagreb

Cameron was feeling little better in the morning and all three of use went back to the same square. There was an antique market happening because it was Sunday. So many vendors were selling things related to the rocky history of Croatia. It was a fun spot to browse for a bit. Then we went down toward the city center and found a sandwich at an outdoor restaurant while we planned the rest of our day. We decided to walk up to the viewpoint area again and look at an old church followed by a unique museum called “The Museum of Broken Relationships.” The church was cool, but the museum was sappy at some times. It is a museum I will not be seeing in any other city though.

Then we walked along the viewpoint wall and found a café for a drink to soak up the view. Since Cameron had not been around to try the Croatian drink of Rakija, we decided to take a short walk down the hill to my hostel and try it again. My favorite bartender, Barbara, was working all day again and hung out with us while we tried a few different flavors. Next we tried to go to a grocery store to cook dinner, but nothing is open on Sundays in Europe. Instead we settled for some food from a street bakery and went back to Cameron and Nicole’s hostel. We hung out with Igor for a little while before we started playing a card game called Gloom. It was fun but a little dark. Later I caught the last tram back to my hostel.

Tags: chocolate, coffee, croatia, gloom, igor, music, wine, zagreb

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.