Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

To Munich!

GERMANY | Friday, 19 September 2014 | Views [430]

Downtown Munich

Downtown Munich

We had to wake up early and take some trains to the west side of Berlin. Our bus was departing from the central bus station to bring us to Oktoberfest. The ride was pretty awful. Bad traffic made for over a 9 hour bus ride to Munich. Matt and I went over to the Munich Hbf and figured out the best way to get to our accommodations over a kebab. We were staying in a park south of the city where a company sets up semi-permanent tents for people. We determined it was just a few stops on the U-bahn followed by a 15 minute walk to the campsite.

Once we got off the train, the sky was being lit up by lightning. Luckily it wasn’t raining on us yet, but we had to move at a trot to keep ahead of the rain. The partying at the campgrounds had already started and the company hosts (dressed in lederhosen and hats) had a little trouble getting us sorted out. It worked out fine though and we made it inside our tent as the rain really started to come down. It thunder stormed for half an hour before it let up and we decided to go back into town. Now that we didn’t have our bags to hold us down we wanted to do some exploring.

Munich is nice city. We walked through a couple shopping streets and past some nice older churches before we arrived at a beer garden. It was only right to go in and have some dinner. We both had a maß of beer and a schnitzel with potatoes. A pretty delicious meal.

We made it back to catch one of the last trains and went to sleep in our tent.

Tags: beer garden, berlin, bus, camping, germany, munchen, munich, rain, traffic

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.