Existing Member?

Not Wasting A Minute In the Autumn of 2014 I decided to not go to school, not get a job, and not renew an apartment lease. Crazy? Fun? Scary? Yes, yes and yes. But it's time to take a bite out of the world before it chews me up and spits me out like a bad taste

Simon!

GERMANY | Thursday, 11 September 2014 | Views [481]

My friend Simon and I at

My friend Simon and I at "The Highway Bar" in Hamburg

I had breakfast at the hostel with the German guys from my room. Then I went around town and found a Vodafone store to buy a new SIM card (3 charges a lot in Germany). The guys at the store were helpful. The only thing that was a little confusing was when I won a free week of unlimited internet. This week I’m going to eat up as much data as possible because my normal limit is tiny.

With my phone working again I texted my friend Simon (We set up a time to meet later in the day) while I walked over to get a currywurst. The currywurst was tasty and filling, and it gave me a nice boost to explore some parks in Hamburg. After a few hours walking around some very large parks and reading some of a book, it was time to meet up with Simon.

Simon is German and grew up in Hamburg. During high school he entered an exchange program for a year and he ended up being my classmate in Ohio. After he returned home, it was much harder to stay in touch. We decided to meet at Reeperbahnstrasse station and have a drink. We caught up about the past few years and before we knew it a few hours had passed. Simon had to work early the next morning (he’s an apprentice realtor), but we made tentative plans to meet up again in a few weeks. Simon caught a train home, and I walked a few blocks back to my hostel.

Tags: currywurst, friends, germany, hamburg, simon, the highway

 

About schmodude

Stonehenge!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.