Existing Member?

Marybeth says Becoming Mother of the Groom

Getting ready to head to Manhattan Beach CA

FIJI | Sunday, 27 April 2014 | Views [297]

It's pouring rain in Suva today seven days out from us flying out to the US for the big family enhancing event. The Maggie and Morgan Wedding! I cannot wait.

I am humming with excitement and exhaustion in equal measure - actually the humming could also be the long term tinnitus :), but I need to get my act together and start planning the pack and ticking off the list. I've just bought the insurance which has made me excited. I ticked high level activity cos Tony will be doing stuff like surfing climbing hiking yada yada and I will be busy shopping, bistroing, cocktailing ...and that can be pretty high level also I feel.

I don't have "the MOG outfit yet" so am "secret" focussing to make sure the dress of supreme flattery will appear in the first shop and preferably on sale (70% off for example). It will be flowing and slimming and all the right colours. Future view of photos of the event will have grandchildren exclaiming (that's grandma!!! She looks too young! thin gorgeous, hip, cool, wise etc)... The permanent inappropriate statement from a quasi feminist humanist. Alas it's true that this is wishful as my planned non-diet 5/2 healthy eating lifestyle moderation of food approach has failed to lose anything!

7 more sleeps and we're off!

Tags: seven more from sleeps suva to manhattan beach

 

About sarranm


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.