Existing Member?

show the world with words

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [174] | Scholarship Entry

" A local encounter that changed my life "

I ever come to kochi prefecture in Japan.
I spent my first night at homestay family in one of local citizen's house. I spent in Yamamoto's family. There were many experience that I got when I stayed in their house.when I came in the first time , There was ceremony to greeting me. They have prepared fireworks and we had to turn on the fire. after that The next ceremony that We had dinner together with traditional food such as kimchi,sushi,etc.The last ceremony that We had to take a bath together in the same tub.Even if I felt so ashamed but I had to appeciate it. finally I already finished the ceremony well. It was family time that I told many things about Indonesia to them. even if they could not speak english well, they still heard me seriously and I asked something about culture in Japan and They Attempted to tell although They needed translater tool to help them. so that every sentence that they wrote in translater tool , they showed to me. I really amazing about their spirit to give attention for me.we Told story until 11 pm. Before I went to bed I wanted to pray. because as moeslem people I had to responsible to pray in 5 time. When I permitted to pray they gave time for me. They also turned off everything such as radio, televition, computer and something else whicg could be distrub me. it was amazing. because they have appreciated and tolerance about the differences between me and them.after that I slept together with them in traditional bed.

The next day I had to go back in hotel. I said "arigato gozaimasu " for everything that they have done and they have give for me. I gave Batik (traditional shirt in indonesia)
for them and they also gave me traditional handicraft that was really beautiful.I said thank you for them .

I learned many things when I traveled in japan, such as their attitude, tolerance , dicipline, dedication that I could apply in my country to make Indonesia to be better country in the future

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About ruddy


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.