Existing Member?

Unwritten Stories

A lesson

PAKISTAN | Sunday, 11 May 2014 | Views [214] | Scholarship Entry

So finally the day has reach to pack bags back to home. Its a group of 10 people and its all silence on breakfast table. Guess who enter the hall! the most hated person of that moment our SUPERVISOR. But what he said made all of us shout, dance and joy. Our camping trip has been extended for a day. We are in the Northern part of Pakistan in mountains. It's a month of June, the hottest months of the year in Pakistan. So spending time at a cooler mother nature place is always a peaceful thing for me.
Its one more day with another challenging task ahead. So what for now, we have a mountain climbing race today. So the race begun. Only the first one to reach up is rewarded with a camp else have to arrange there own bed. Luckily, I got advantage of being to this place before so I know my way. There is a small waterfall so hiking along the side is the best choice. I remember when I last came here, there live a family little far from the fall who came there to fetch water for routine work. There two kids with red cheeks, brown hair in slippers were more fast and active then me in joggers. The family consist of 5 people a couple, 2 kids and a grandma. The young mother of almost my age was expecting her third baby. So I was eager to meet them up again. As I have advantage of leading I took a turn towards there house.
Guess what...! the family recognized me instantly. This thing make me more happy for my decision of meeting them. You know the best part is to meet their 2 month old baby girl. The bulging blue eyes of her unconditionally make my hands approach her.
I was surprise to see that baby was wearing nothing just a diaper. I was in full track suit with upper on. On asking her mother I get a reply that fall me wonder how strange is the effect of environment. They don't feel cold, its quite hot day for them. They spend a lot hard life, less approaches and facilities then us but still have healthier and active life.
Anyway lets get back to my race. I knew now that I was not the first in climbing but no worries I had no regrets. I had already decided to dedicate my day to that family, to live and feel their way. Now I have to arrange my own place for sleep. At this moment I feel bless who can use technology as well. With help of Internet on phone I extract which woods, leaves and tress can best help me spent my night. So with our team we gathered the material and lighten up the fire. We spent the bonfire night dancing,singing and in sharing experiences.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About round-the-circle


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.