Existing Member?

The Callinan Adventure Trail Journeys and Adventures in Canada and Abroad

Moving again! Argh

CANADA | Tuesday, 6 March 2007 | Views [758] | Comments [1]

my new command centre

my new command centre

Hey everyone how you all doing? We’ve been very busy over here for the last week well that’s not totally correct it’s more that I’ve had to get off my arse and do something a little more strenuous than lifting my vodka glass.  We are now officially moved into our new apartment, which unfortunately was unfurnished so I spent much of the last week looking for cheap second hand furniture that doesn’t exude an odour like something’s rotting.   Normally I’d rather be doing exciting stuff like picking the lint from my belly button but I’ve had to abandon that search to pursue another - on the net, writing emails, making calls, inspecting and carrying the heavy furniture and also driving Aidan to and from work.  It’s a lot for a little munchkin like me…   Well we now have a bed, a sofa & love seat ?! and a few kitchen items to keep us going.  Oh and I nearly forgot the most important thing a 32” television.  I also in my wily ways seemed to have swindled from one poor salesman a big-ticket divx/dvd player, HDTV capable, for a mere $39.  Yes as many know the sole purpose of my existence these days is the viewing of certain tv programs, so yes we have digital cable now too.  Though I’ve noticed they get a hook into you right from the start, giving you a taste of all the things you could have but only for 30 days - what a tease!

Aidan is getting worked pretty hard at the hospital. The Canadian work ethic though little known is quite impressive or crazy whichever way you want to look at it. Some of Aidan’s colleagues are using their noggins well into the night and early morning long after most of us have switched off.  The other night Aidan made arrangements to go to the gym after work which is not unusual, with his boss (slightly unusual) – but in my mind 10.15pm is getting ready for bed time not heading out for a little grunt and sweat in the cold cold night. 

Next week an old friend of mine, is heading to Vancouver for a visit.  He’s just traveled from Oz to Victoria (on Vancouver Island) last week. He’s a chef and in town for a job interview. So maybe I can pick up a few tips.  Hugh, will be staying with us for the weekend so we can head up to the slopes.

It’s hard to believe that we’ve already been here for two months. The time just flies, as you would expect.  But soon the snow season will end and we will have to find other fun activities to entertain us.  Generally people are really active over here, there are always people outside doing crazy things no matter what the weather.  Maybe some of that will rub off in time.

Well that aboot sums it up for this week. Take care.

Tags: Packing & gadgets

Comments

1

hey rosie - glad to hear you managed to get an HDTV for so cheap but i'm surprised you don't have one of those massive plasma screen tvs - what gives? :) mum and dad are coming to visit today. don't know what i'm going to do with them, but hopefully we can do some sight seeing and stuff, there's meant to be a storm so could be interesting... i'm thinking japanese restaurant for dinner tonight. hope you're giving aidan lots of love and attention poor thing! xx caroline

  caroline Mar 16, 2007 12:36 PM

About rosiecallinan

Times Square Moments after the New Year

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.