Existing Member?

The Callinan Adventure Trail Journeys and Adventures in Canada and Abroad

The road to recovery

CANADA | Saturday, 3 February 2007 | Views [583]

So I’ve finally recovered from whatever nasty virus it was that Aidan brought home from his stanky hospital.  Unfortunately it forced our little excursion to Whistler on the backburner for a little while.  But all trivia goers will be happy to know that I can now be their resident expert in Veronica Mars! We all notice how much Harry loves slipping those questions in.  I thought I would have nothing better than Heroes and Prison Break amid all the cable that is all the 70 odd channels of it until I stumbled on an episode of Veronica Mars. I gave myself the little project of catching up on all three seasons and I loved it.  Much to Aidan’s annoyance I had myself a little Veronica Mars-a-thon! So I’m down to my last episode and I don’t know what to do with it because I don’t want it to be over. Do I do it like a bandaid and have this saga be over…. until next week of course when another episode airs, or do I do it in ten minute lots and keep the suspense going for the next few days.   Hmmm….  I need a hobby. 

So I have been house hunting the last few days, as we can’t stay in this apartment forever and I think I’ve found an equally lovely apartment a few streets away, which we are going to have a look at tonight.  Its down by Coal Harbour, closer to the water on the 21st floor I think.  Aidan and I were asked to take out a prospective visiting fellow for dinner, to talk about the lifestyle here and lure her into coming in 6 months.  It was all on the company’s dime and we were suggested a few places that would be nice.  I chose the most fabulous geographically close hotspot called Lift, down at Coal Harbour next to the Westin.  It was gorgeous, on the water, totally beautiful in design and the food was fabulous.  I had the Lobster and 3 Martinis…. kidding well about the lobster anyway, I can’t go past duck and this was no exception, so tasty.  And the fellow? She was lovely, an absolute doll from Madrid but has been spending time in Chicago doing some extra studies (very keen).  I don’t know if we convinced her to come because we had to be honest about the situation and she was very interested in what we thought of the pay and if one could survive here on it.  I hopes she comes though we had a good time.

Job hunting has been a little slow, I’m doing what I like to call window job hunting.  This is mainly because my nagging powers have not attained critical mass with Aidan and he has not been able to remember to print out my resume.  So its window job hunting and guess what!! A shoe shop has an opening.  I’m putting all my eggs in one basket here and pinning all my little hopes on this shoe shop position.  I feel that what I lack in experience I will make up in shoe retail knowledge, I do love shoes. I think Aidan is a little worried I will agree to being paid in shoes. I hope my reminders will work today.

Next week there is a conference at Whistler – WooHoo – so I must get some new boots, that’s a kind of shoe shopping. Anyhoo Aidan gets to go the first half of the week and the other fellow gets the rest.  So this time for sure we’ll get a few photos. Plus I bought a new phone that has a better camera than mum’s actual digital camera, not hard of course, so maybe it will be a little easier to get those snaps. 

Hope everyone is well, enjoying the sun and weather.  It is a clear but cold day here.

 

 

Tags: Food & eating

About rosiecallinan

Times Square Moments after the New Year

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.