Existing Member?

Adventures Abroad

31 August, Sunday

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 30 August 2008 | Views [578]

Another fairly lazy day! It was good spending time with Laura and Rob (and their two dogs, Stirling and Paddy). Whilst they and Jean went to Costco to do some bulk shopping, Sam and I went to do some not-so-bulk shopping. Ron elected to stay home and finish the Sunday papers. It was, once again, pouring with rain so it was just as well we hadn't made any plans touristy plans.

Sam left around 5pm but will be back on Thursday night. Laura, Rob, Alex and the dogs left later, after a delicious roast dinner and then Jean, Chris, Ron and I settled down for a relaxing evening either reading or watching TV. It was awful to hear about Gustav, the hurricane scheduled to hit the US south coast today - those poor people, it's only three years since the last one.

We're off to London again tomorrow, this time with Jean (Chris will be working). If the weather permits, we'll have an open-to bus tour, if it rains we'll just play it by ear and maybe visit Buckingham Palace. 

About ronsan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.