Existing Member?

Ride Earth On Sunday 17th June 2007, Tom Allen, Andrew Welch and Mark Maultby embarked upon Ride Earth - their mission to circumnavigate the world by mountain bike. Follow their progress here.

After A Week On The Road

NETHERLANDS | Saturday, 23 June 2007 | Views [402]

After 5 days on the road, we arrived in Amsterdam in the evening of Friday 22nd of June. It took until Thursday 21st to reach the port of Harwich, after around 170 miles of cycling. During that time, we camped in parks, fields and back gardens and were shown incredible hospitality by complete strangers. We were frankly blown away by the generosity of people when they heard what we had set out to achieve. We covered the 80km from the Hook of Holland to Amsterdam on Friday, and we decided it was time for a rest day, as we’re all completely knackered.

DSC_0163

More on the first leg of our journey will soon be available for viewing in the first episode of the Ride Earth podcast, which should be ready at the beginning of July! In the meantime, keep an eye open for new blog entries and photographs of our experiences. Next, we’ll be heading south through Belgium towards France, where we’re hoping to cover the length of the country fueled entirely by wine and cheese.

DSC_0198

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.