Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Waco Jaco

COSTA RICA | Thursday, 16 April 2009 | Views [577]

We finally pries ourselves away from the Caribbean and head back to San Jose, so we can pick up the keys for a beach house we've been offered on the Pacific coast. Andrea's Grandfather (Andrea being Alicia's brother's girlfriend) Snr Forn and Uncle (also Snr Forn) greet us warmly and kindly give us directions to the house.

We don't arrive until after nightfall which adds to the challenge of finding a house which has no actual address. After trying to unlock the door to the wrong property, we discover the house we're looking for and finally get some much needed rest - some of us have been driving all day.

We awaken to roosters and chickens that seem to think the sun rises at 3am. After a quick look round, we don't think much of the beach here and decide to pack our bags and head a little further down the coast to a place called Jaco. I can't remember why this ever seemed like a good idea as it's described in the Lonely Planet as an over-developed US tourist spot. The beach is ugly with dirt-coloured sand so we end up sitting around the pool in our nice little cheap hotel.

All in all, not the greatest of locations. I guess you could say we messed up with the Pacific coast. We should have gone to the peninsula which apparently has some beautiful beaches but what can I say - you can't win em all.
jaco beach

jaco beach

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.