Existing Member?

My Travel Journal

Some Like It Hot! Bangkok to Chiang Mai 8th/9th May 2009

THAILAND | Sunday, 10 May 2009 | Views [616]

But I do not!

8th May 2009

Bangkok is hot hot hot! After another great breakfast at the hotel, I packed up my stuff and checked out. Left my backpack and went back to Khao San to go to the hospital. Nothing wrong - but I needed my 3rd Shot of Hep B to be properly covered. The nurse told me I was very brave and that lots of girls cry! I'm beginning to worry about my lack of girly pathetic - ness!

Treated myself to another Thai massage. This one was even better than the first, the guy was amazing. All for 4 pounds.

Went back to the hotel to collect my bag and jumped in a cab to the Hualompong Station to catch the overnight train to Chiang Mai. Arrived in plenty of time so picked up some snacks and beer for the train. Have developed quite a taste for beer - bad - as its so much cheaper than anything else.

Met some really nice Candadians from Toronto who befriended me! Steph, Alex and Alessa. I had dinner on the train which was surprisingly good.

Time for bed and the lady train assistant put up these beds in an amazing quick time and it did end up looking like the film ' Some Like It Hot ' Only without Tony Curtis or Marilyn Monroe and no late night drinking!

9th May 2009

Woke up to see the jungles in northern Thailand and it was quite spectacular. Glad I took the train option, cheaper more relaxing and saved paying for an extra night in a hostel - its all about the budget now ladies!

Got the bus/taxi to the hostel 20B, approx 40p. It was about 8am when I got to the hostel and I couldn't check in until 12. So got some breakfast and hung out my the pool. The hostel Imm Eco has the most amazing pool. Very quiet and chilled out. It was so hot yesterday it was 39/40c.

So had a very lazy morning reading and listening to the ipod. Actually felt like I was on holiday. Checked in and a very basic room which is supposed to be shared but no one so far? Had a shower to wash off the Bangkok and train and hot Chiang Mai morning that was stuck to my skin.

A lazy afternoon and then I went into Chiang Mai to meet up with the Canadians for dinner. We had a quick dinner and wondered around the night bazaar and had so more snacks and drinks in the food market. Had a little tropical downpour and got soaking wet. Had another quick beer by which time it was somehow just before 1am. Got a TukTuk back to the hostel and managed to slip in my wet flip flops on the wet floor of the TukTuk and whacked my knee! Ouch Ouch Ouch. Got back to hostel and fell fast asleep!

Tags: on the move

About rebecca_fardoe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.