Existing Member?

Asia Adventures

Ko Samet and beyond

THAILAND | Monday, 18 December 2006 | Views [1092]

Ahhh, Ko Samet, white beaches, aqua blue water, palm trees softly blowing in the breeze.  The water has to be in the mid 70 degree range.  Nights are filled with music, fire throwers and candlight dinners in the sand by the ocean. 

The last time I wrote to you this is how I was feeling - until around 7 pm that night when I got a pretty bad case of the traveler's "flu".  I've never been so sick in my life!  Lost about 7 lbs on that trip but even that wasn't the worst of it.  You see, just as I started getting better Earl (David) got hit with it.  I believe mine was due to fish, his due to papaya possibly cut on a not so clean board.  Earl got it much worse than I did and whatever ill I was still feeling was pushed aside as he was in dire need to head to get to a doctor.  20 minute speedboat back to the island and and 20 minutes to the hospital where Earl spent the next two days getting IV fluids and anitbiotics.  On his first morning there I hopped a couple buses (ok trucks) back to Ko Samet to gather our belongings and get them back to the hospital.  No more staying at TOK's for us! 

Earl is doing much better now, we left the hospital yesterday and am now in Chantaburie which is nice as it is not touristy and we have a comfortable room to finish up our recouperations. 

Our next adventure awaits in Cambodia - Where the heck is the bug spray??! 

Talk soon!  - Leslie (or as they say here - Lilly)

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.