Existing Member?

Love, Life & Wisdom

The First Time

INDONESIA | Monday, 12 May 2014 | Views [147] | Scholarship Entry

This is the very first time I'm going solo travelling. Going on a long trip from Surabaya to Solo by economic train is never been on my mind before.

Last weekend, I went to Solo, Indonesia. At first, my mind was surrounded with fear, until I decided to be brave going alone.

Sri Tanjung was named of the economic train I took from Gubeng Train Station, Surabaya. It's so crowd inside the compartment of train. We shared seats for four people, pair in each seats. The air is hot because not all the air conditioner is turn on.

After 6 hours later I arrived at Jebres Train Station, Solo. My old friend from highschool came to picked me up. I gave a big hugged, have been missing her so much. Then I stay in her boarding house for about 3 days.

The next day I went with her to the Festival. We seen the film screening inside the Teater Besar at ISI Surakarta. The closing time at night was the peak of the Festival Film Solo. Not only final screening for the winners of film competition but there was also special performances.

I saw some foreigners that came and enjoyed the Festival. The Latar Jembar Band was playing the ethnic Solo songs. They're really great! The songs made eveybody's move, combination from traditional mix the modern instruments was cool!

On the way back, my friend and I had dinner at Burjo. Burjo is a named to a restaurant that open for 24 hours. I ate Magelangan, it is a fried rice mix with noodle, vegetables, eggs and chicken. If you like it spicy, you can ask for chilies. Many people, especially for younger people love to come here, meeting some friends or just chill out.

Before I got back to Surabaya, I meet my cousin. He took me around Solo and went to Ganeps gifts shops. Then we went to "Selat Mbak Lies", a traditional dishes made from meats, potatoes and vegetables. Unfortunately, our time ended at Train Station.

It's really hard to left them. I missed them so bad, we've been apart for almost half and a year. But I believe that someday we will meet again.

Then I take the train to Surabaya with Pasundan Economic Train. The situation was a mess inside the compartment. I shared seats with 3 people. The guy beside me was really annoying. Thank God, I met a nice guy in front of me. He was 3 years older than me. We shared Line contacts and had a nice talks through the train arrived at Surabaya.

Overall, it was really great experience to travelling alone for me. You just gotta be brave and be careful for what you're going to go. Just do it!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About putria


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.