Existing Member?

Travel is a Wonderful Thing The journey not the arrival matters.. T.S Eliot

Celestes European reflection 2015

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 17 October 2015 | Views [353]

The gang at Marina in Dubai

The gang at Marina in Dubai

While relaxing on our final day in Kuala Lumpur I decided to throw some thoughts together regarding our outstanding six week journey.
Firstly Turkey. What can I say but remarkable. For nearly three weeks we were introduced to some of the most diverse geography and culture. The proud Turks who we always found friendly and obliging. The wows here were many but the four day Gulet cruise on the Mediterranean and the hot air ballooning in Cappadocia were the two standouts. We were very disappointed to leave Turkey.
On to Venice which is as quintessential as I imagined. Gondola rides and excellent gelati. A magical place.
We hired a vehicle in Milan to get us around for two and a half weeks. The Renault Traffic van was very comfortable. Although the combination of the extra wide van and driving on the wrong side of the road had its challenges.
Lake Como was beautiful and I especially liked Bellagio.
On to Switzerland and WOW! WOW! WOW!. More than I ever imagined. So glad we sucked up the cost......cos Switzerland is expensive!
A stop at Mullhouse France for the National Automobile Museum......not for me.
Rothenburg was delightful. Fairytale like as is the Romantic Road. Well worth the visit.
Next stop Fussen at the other end of the Romantic Road. Unfortunatly the weather had begun to change at this point in our journey.
Kufstein in Austria once again was beautiful with amazing scenery but the weather didn't allow us to do all we had anticipated.
German and Austrian border crossings became a nightmare with road blocks causing up to 1.5 hour delays. We think it was due to refugee checks.
Having four days in K.L. has given us all time to catch up on sleep...cos travel is tiring, a small price to pay I know.
So much of this wonderful journey has been added to by my travel companions.
Kerry who tirelessly researches.
Andrew Papparazzi who does manage to get some amazing shots.
Katrina whos food blog often didn't go the way she had anticipated cos she ate the food before photographing it!!
Alain who was always on the hunt for a good coffee.
Finally my nearest and dearest, Peter. Thank you once again for sharing in another wonderful travel adventure.

 

About pjandc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.