Existing Member?

Bull Fight

The Bull Fight . Fight for Victory

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Monday, 24 November 2014 | Views [283]

This is the Bull fight which happens in Fujairah an emirate of the United Arab Emirates. This happens every Friday afternoon and it real entertainment for the local folks and for everyone to watch a traditional sport. This is a fight for around 3 minutes witout blood shed and really entertaining. Sometimes the bulls don't want to fight and sometimes they run out in the crowds frighening everyone. Imagine a bull waiting more than 500 pounds with big horns and if you get butted, that could be a catastropy. They come in all colours, black, brown, white and a mix of colours.

Its good fun and relaxing for the everyone and a way to pass time and meet up with friends and the whole neighbourhood. People come with their trucks, cars, their 4x4 and just park outside the arena. Most of them bring chairs or just sit on the ground. It is quite a tourist attractions and you have loads of trourist visiting this place. You have vendors selling candy and icecream. For someone like me it is a treat to watch as it is different all the time. The light is different. I love meeting my photographer friends. One time, there was a photographer who had a wide angle lens so he had to go real close to the bulls and the bulls almost ran into him. It was a funny sight, the bulls chasing you away. It kind of happens all the time, the bulls jumping over the fence of the arena. The best part of the bull fight is the comentator and the comentary. He only speaks in arabic and sometimes the bulls are named after Bollywood stars and its so funny when he mentions the names. It sounds more like a football commentary.

To separate the bulls you need atleast 10-12 people. Especially when the 3 minute is up, most times the bulls still want to fight and you need real strong arabs to separate the bulls. They have close to 15-20 bullfights every Friday afternoon. I love to photography the bullfight and when I don't have any photography schedules on a Friday, I know I can go to the bullfight and spend an interesting afternoon.

 

 

Tags: arabic, culture, local sport, traditional

About philomena


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.