Existing Member?

Lighting out for the territory nce more in the Middle East. The more I travel the more I want to travel and the longer that I am out of England the happier I am. At present in Iraq and having a wonderful time. really fallen in love with the country and the people. Very glad I came and

Sat 27 Sept - Sighisoara

ROMANIA | Saturday, 27 September 2008 | Views [1258]

Night train 11.25 pm Budapest to Sighisoara, the birthplace of Vlad Tepes or, as I like to call him, Draccie. Got in 9.14 am. Changed money at the Banca Carpatica (love to open account there just to see the chequebook), coffee and cheese omelette in Cafe Julius. It's very pretty but no time to see much as too busy buying Dracula keyrings then back to station for 13.51 pm train to Bucharest. Bit disappointed in Romania really so fell asleep on the train.

Well, damn me for a small-minded fool. I woke up in the Carpathian mountains and Oh! Romania, I love you! Mile after mile of conifer covered mountains, some with snow on top. The gorgeousness reached a climax at Brasov - had to close my eyes to rest them. Imagine a huge, but huge, Matlock Bath. With, I am told, black sheep (or goats) and wolves skulking in the forest, a forest that makes Sherwood look like someone's allotment.

Cute Romanian students to talk to, also Pakistani guys.

Got to Bucharest Gara de Nord really late, ripped off by taxi for first and last time, actually he did me a favour cos he took me to the Funky Chicken hostel instead of the one I asked for. Mikki opened the door and her rooms and her heart to me. never had such a welcome - love her to bits and really sorry to leave next morning. Bye, Mikki!

Tags: beggars, dracula, taxi ripoff

About pecosbiff

Oh God, it's hot here!

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Romania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.