Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

04/08/2013 Kununurra

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 4 August 2013 | Views [542] | Comments [1]

A lazy morning then coffee and cake (thanks to Yvonne) at the Pumphouse Cafe on the Ord River, a trendy little place which reminded me of South Melbourne with its old pumps still intact inside the restaurant then we farewelled Yvonne who is flying back to Perth.

A busy afternoon followed at the Zebra Stone Gallery (beautiful striped stone found only on the Ord River and 600 million years old), the Sandalwood Factory (forest supplying Albany's Mount Romance with Indian Sandalwood), the Hoochery (rum distillery), a detour to find Boab tree seed pods, arranged a 3 day canoeing trip down the Ord River from Lake Argyle to Kununurra, then finally up to Kelly's Knob Lookout for a sunset drink.

I'm liking the vibe and the picturesque surroundings here so might try my luck at getting work. Accommodation is much easier than Karratha with a weekly rate at the Kimberley Croc YHA of $150 including expenses and a resort feel with palm trees and a pool, although I have been warned about the steamy weather and the wet season up ahead. I hear there is also a ukulele club here.

Tags: kimberley, kununurra, western australia

Comments

1

Hello, did you ever find a ukulele group in Kununurra?

  Michael Rosenberg Jul 6, 2020 7:41 PM

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.