Existing Member?

Lili

The Macadam Poet of Montreal

CANADA | Thursday, 18 September 2014 | Views [505] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

Here are 10 simple reasons why I should be chosen for the World Nomads' Film Scholarship:
- I have a master degree in journalism. I finally ended up following my childhood dream: to make films.
- As an aspiring filmmaker, any helping hand is welcomed to launch what I hope to be a long and fulfilling career ; earning a living from my craft. I have gained some experience but not that much yet.
- I speak several languages (I get around in Spanish) and I always manage to make it out of any messy situation. I learned English when I got in Canada as a teenager.
- I am a Nomad by blood. I've lived in three different continents so far. I can't help it. But there is still so much more for me to discover if given the chance.
- So what more to ask than travel around while producing films?
- I travel the same way that I live, meaning: with the minimum of belongings, and the maximum of human contact.
- I write, I interview, I edit and I film. I am independent but some guidance is always useful.
- I work hard, I adapt easily and I learn fast. I've produced the whole video that I have submitted for the contest in one day (with the help of a recorder and a phone). The fact that I am not able to purchase a camera for now does not stop me from trying. By the way, I've never talked to Glen before then. Somehow, I think he's in love now(!)
- I need to go on a little climate exile from Canadian winter (yes it is an awfully good reason).
- I'm fun loving and easy-going, you'll see.

Tags: 2014 Travel Film Scholarship to Mexico

Comments

1

I have walked past so many metal sculptures in the past but haven't stopped to consider the beautiful history of this art form. This film helps inspires people to look more critically at the poetry of metal work. Thank you for sharing.

  apriljoy Sep 21, 2014 6:58 AM

About pandassi


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.