Existing Member?

Europe

Long days, but going by too quickly

FRANCE | Monday, 4 February 2008 | Views [528]

Monday February 4, 2008:

I have a hard time keeping up with my writing because I feel like I'm busy from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. At U of Illinois I have class for about three or maybe even five hours a day, and I have the rest of the day filled with homework, but I have all that time to do that homework. Here is a typical day here:

I wake up at 7 am and get ready for school and take the 8am bus or get on my bike to school. I usually arrive by 8:30 by the time the bus drops me off and I walk to the actual school, and I check my emails that I will try to respond to later. Then I have class from 9-10:30, then sometimes I have a break where I'll write emails or eat lunch or meet up with someone about homework. Other times I have a class straight after at 11:00. Then another class at 12:30-1:50 and then I have to walk to the art school 30-minutes away for my class from 3pm-6pm. Then I walk home and eat dinner with Colette at 7 or 7:30 and by the time we are finished it is 8 or 8:30 and I have to start on my homework, which I try to finish by 11 so I can go to sleep. The amount of work required of me is nothing like at my home university, but the school demands so much time every day. I try to write letters and emails in any free time I get, so that I can respond to everything that my friends and family send me, but I barely have a chance to do that. And so I have even less of a chance to journal every day, even though I want to.

Tags: I should have known better!

About pamelaglosson


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.