Existing Member?

Pack Light Walk Slow Calvin: "It's a magical world out there Hobbes, ol' buddy.

Hobbes: "Let's go exploring."

Fruit Feast

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 1 October 2002 | Views [563]

Dragon fruit – pink outside, white flesh inside w/ tiny black seeds about the size of poppy seeds.

Dragon-eye fruit – These are a lot of work for just a little fruit.  They have a tough brown rind that you struggle to peel off. Then you’re left with a gray fruit about the size of a large grape, however it has a giant seed in it, so you’re left with about ¼ of what you started with, and the fruit’s not even that good anyway!

Pineapple!!  I was so happy to see pineapple!  I’ve been craving it since Vancouver.  The pineapple here is so much better than the kind we get in the states too.  It’s lighter yellow and has a sweeter flavor. I don’t know why it’s so different – maybe because it’s fresher? – but I love buying a bag of it off the ladies selling it on the street corner!

One fruit looked like a ball with green scales.  The scales flake off very easily and you have a soft white fruit, but I didn’t like that one either. 

Papaya

Mango

Rice paper (not a fruit, but served with a lot of things)

Tags: food & eating, vietnam

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.