Existing Member?

Journeys of a Surfing Philanthropist

Experiences for a Lifetime - Bangkok & Beyond

THAILAND | Tuesday, 10 November 2009 | Views [583]

The past 3 days in Thailand have been an interesting assortment of experiences that will be remembered for the rest of my life. To give you all an interesting perspective, here are a few highlights...

  • Traveling by foot & longtail boats throughout Bangkok for a day and taking in the plethora of sensory stimulating experiences. (It should be noted here that some of the smells I wish I could forget..)
  • Getting absolutely smoked by a six year old Thai girl at Thumb Wrestling after being called out on a 20 Baht wager. (How the hell does a 22 year old guy forfeit to a girl that may have stood 2 inches above my waist???)  To top this off, my hand was glistening with some type of Thai sweat/oil that the girl seemed to be amused to have left all over me.  Following this I promptly attempted to scrub the skin off of my hand.
  • Drinking with a crew of Irish, English, and Canadians. Enough said.
  • Staying awake for 44 hours and seeing Khao San road absolutely deserted (I was never aware that this could possibly happen with the exception of mandatory evacuations).
  • Going to a Ping Pong show in Papong and being jumped, pickpocketed, and slapped in the face by a 4 foot Mamma San hooker.  To keep it short and sweet, violated would be an understatement.
  • Eating Grasshoppers, Mealworms, and Hellfire Frog meat.  The latter was hotter on the way out if you know what I mean and is one to consider for the record books. 
  • Watching a Muy Thai Kickboxing match at the Pink Panther. Just cool.
  • Sitting on the back of a Thai Police Motorbike...

To be continued...

Best Regards,

John Luff

Tags: backpacking, bangkok, best, epic, experience, journey, thai, thailand, top, travel

 

About ocsurfer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.