Existing Member?

Owen's Travel Journal

Chillin' in Queenstown

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 28 April 2009 | Views [530] | Comments [2]

This morning, after a quick phonecall to catch up with Ashley, I got back onto my beloved Kiwi Experience bus. Today we were headed to Queenstown, "adventure capital" and the furthest south that the bus would be taking me. Thankfully the weather was looking much better today, just a slight drizzle. Since Wanaka is fairly close to Queenstown we only had one stop off; Puzzling World just outside of Wanaka.

Basically it was just a big center dedicated to puzzles. It had the worlds only 2 story 3D maze or something like that, which was hard. We gave up half way through and went out one of the emergency exits. There was also a load of illusion rooms. Some of them just had simple stuff, like pictures you look at and the jump out at you or follow you but there were some really ones.

One room looked normal when you stood and looked in through the windows, but when you stepped in one of the doors it either made you look huge or really small. There was another room that was all at funny angles and made it seem as if water was running uphill by its self and as if a pool ball could roll up hill.

We came out of the rooms, with slightly sore heads and twisted stomachs, and sat in the cafe where they have loads of puzzles sitting on the tables. I spent for ever failing to make a cube out of wooden shapes and then it was back onto the bus.

The drive to Queenstown was fairly nice, and I was happy when the rain dryed up and the sun came out. The scenery around as we drove into the town was amazing, it is a really really nice place, with some amazing mountains and lakes around it. If im lucky I might find time to do some walks around them. We were dropped at our hostel, Bungi Backpackers, which we (me and my irish mates) arranged ourselves. Its really nice and quite cosy and relaxed, a nice break from all the people that I've had to share hostels with for the past week.

This afternoon I took a walk into town and booked my bungy jump and my canyon swing. Tomorrow at 12.30pm Ill be heading out the Nevis bungy site and on Friday at 8.30am I'll be on my way to the Shotover canyon swing. With my Milford Sounds trip right in the middle of the, on Thursday, I have a busy few days coming up. I cannot wait, but I'm pretty nervous for tomorrow.

Tonight I'm probably just going to relax in the hostel, have some of their free vegetable soup, watch some tv and prepare myself for tomorrow.

 

Comments

1

Good luck with the Bunji jump and the canyon swing. Hope the weather stays nice for it!!!
xxxxxx

  Tracy, Rob & kids Apr 29, 2009 5:23 AM

2

Youl be doing ur bungy as i leave you this comment! Thats mental! Hope its amazing!!

Lovelove
Xxx

  Ashley Apr 29, 2009 8:12 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.