Existing Member?

Whoa Is Me

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [1519] | Scholarship Entry

Many of the problems we face today are due to this illusion of division. My future aspiration to help bridge the gap between people through my work as a filmmaker is what motivated me to create both this documentary and music video (http://vimeo.com/19743077).

The children in Chevuru village are being stigmatized and victimized because of human-made categories and stereotypes. I wanted to break down these barriers of Dalit and non-Dalit, rich and poor by stemming away from the images normally associated with poverty and empowering these kids to say that they are just as important as anyone else. Despite differences in culture, language, social and economic status, all children are deserving of equal opportunities.

Since graduating with a degree in Television Broadcasting last year, I have traveled the world by myself and shared my experiences through film. By winning this scholarship I hope to show how the modern world can learn from the ways of the Aboriginal people especially in regards to their respect for the environment. Real lasting positive change will only occur the day we all come together and realize our interconnectedness. I look forward to closely expanding on this idea with the guidance of an industry professional.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About oana_dragan

Me on a beach in Okinawa, Japan

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.