Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Already into the second month of the year!

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 12 February 2013 | Views [759]

First new news is that Corrin, my youngest daughter is to be married in March on the Gold Coast. After many hours trolling the websites we got some return tickets with Jetstar (they don't have the best name so will have our fingers crossed) for about $300 each. We also found a place to stay near where the wedding is to be held so it seems we are all sorted and looking forward to it. Kent's parents are going to come up and babysit the house, plants and animals, we are very grateful for that and hope they enjoy it here.

We have new flatmates, an Indian family from the Tamil region. Kaly, who works now at the Rotorua Hospital, Sanghita his wife, and their 6 year old daughter Shreesha. They came to my work looking for a flat but had found nothing suitable so I invited them to stay with us until they find a place. So far it has been so good that we are hoping they will just stay on. They have been in NZ for about 2 years in auckland and boarded there also. They stayed in a big house with a pool which they never used with a big dog that they never touched :) Here Shreesha loves to cuddle Muppet and goes to the school down the road. Sanghita cooks curry all day, luckily it's summer and we can open the windows and doors, not too sure what we will do in the winter. We both love curries and don't mind the smell but don't really want the house saturated with it. We are really enjoying their company.

Prashant headed up to Auckland for a week for a job but it seems like the prospective employer is having continous trial people working for free with him and maybe it won't go anywhere. Anyhow he said he is glad to be home again.

I have been having tooth trouble, from no pain to much pain and discovery of a tooth with a very large hole inside it, outside is intact. Dentist says a root canal, I refused because of the link with cancer so the tooth has been pulled, today in fact. The tooth next door also has a hole and they are now saying this may cause problems too, good grief what is all this, what ever happened to ordinary fillings and trying to save the tooth without killing it. I am wondering if my mostly meat and dairy free diet is having an effect on my teeth, unsure if this is a possiblity. We are saving up to go to Thailand and have all our mercury fillings replaced asap.

Had a mammogram yesterday, always undecided about those things, do you or don't you. Is the x-ray bad for you or not. Does your body have cancers come and go naturally that you wouldn't normally know about that are picked up with these things. Anyhow I went and all good. Two years have passed since Feb 14 2011 when my life turned sideways.  Teeth x-rays, breast x-rays, too many x-rays this week.

We have a new (different car) been needing one for a while as we noticed our faithful Mazda Capella s/w was beginning to show signs of age. We wanted to sell it before it rolled to 200,000km so we headed up to Auckland after getting some car yard addresses off TradeMe. In fact we ended up getting a car from the first yard we went to. They had the car we wanted and knew we were up there to buy and were determined not to let us off their lot so just kept coming down until we bought. We were hoping for a 2001 Toyota Opa with around 100,000 km on the clock for around $8,000 but ended up with a 2005 Opa with 50,000km for $7,000 and we left them with our car which we didn't plan on taking back home and had hoped to get about $1,000 for. So a really good deal and we are very very happy. The new car is still an 1800 but is much more peppy and way better on gas (we thought the Mazda was good).

Next thing we need is a new mower...

 

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.