Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Living back in Rotorua

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 24 February 2011 | Views [925]

We are both working and living here in this beautiful city, Kent at his old job and Carol is delivering census forms for Statistics NZ. Our census day is March 8th, deliveries up until then and then collections after if people fill in the paper forms, no collection if they do it online. The good thing about both of our jobs is that they are done on our time schedule.

Two days ago another big earthquake struck Christchurch which is about 1000km south of us in the South Island. Haven't heard from the girls yet (Juliette and Chloe) their parents in the USA must be really worried. We have been watching the developments on tv and wish we could do more than just give money. It seems a bit shocking to have this sort of thing happening in our little old country. Online people are writing about God, Haarp and all the seismic activity that is now making the world 'ring like a bell', interesting stuff.

Carol has had a bit of a scare over the past few weeks with being recalled for a breast scan and a lump being found. Today we are off to Hamilton for a biopsy the results of which will be back next week. Fingers crossed it's benign.

Life is still good here although Carol seems to be having a lot of negative vibes going on. The weather is mostly great, we had Todd & Dannelle's (we live under their house) engagement party last week which was a blast. We are having fun with friends yet still amazingly haven't yet gotten back on a motorbike!

Our tickets are booked to return to England on May 18th where we will stay with our friend James and help him over the summer as he does massage therapy at the various shows, county fairs and music festivals held all over England. We are really looking forward to that.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.