Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

last days of Europe

FRANCE | Wednesday, 10 November 2010 | Views [871]

We drove from Paris up to Bologne Sur Mer where we spent the evening with Clara & Gilles-yann who we had met and travelled a little with in South America. We caught up on our travels, they have been to NZ since we saw them last, and spent the night. We worked our way slowly up the coast but a very cold wind was blowing quite hard so we didn't spend much time stopping to view the beaches even though it is a very historic area and the next day was Armistace Day. We stopped a little while at Calais but just to wander through a shopping centre as it was very cold outside. Annoyingly we could see the sun shining brightly on the other side of the channel on the white cliffs of Dover.

We caught the 6.30pm ferry from Dunkerque to Dover, it takes 2 hours and arrived at 7.30pm. Had no problems at customs, the guy took our word that we were flying out of London next week and not planning to stay for a few years. The sudden adjustment to driving back on the correct side of the road was a bit weird and Carol had to think quite a bit while driving up to Broadstairs and Kents aunties home. It's the roundabouts that get you, Carol is used to swinging right to go around and suddenly is having to swing left in the dark with cars up her rear. Safe journey though and had an early night falling into a lovely double bed with feather quilt.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.