Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Paris touristy bits – 8 November

FRANCE | Monday, 8 November 2010 | Views [836]

Up and on the road by 9.30 with the computer telling us it was only 4 degrees celcius – yeah right – yes right! It was bloody freezing out there. By the time we got to the centre it had also started to rain, any colder and it would have been snowing. The train didn't even want to work properly and deposited us at the Eiffel Tower instead of Notre Dame where we were heading. We went for a gander at the tower (which is smaller than you would think) took a photo and raced back to the relative warmth of the metro. On to Notre Dame which they have cleaned and it doesn't look quite as distinguished Carol thinks, like Kents feelings about the now clean old buildings in London. But at least it was warm and dry inside and we wandered with the other tourists.

Caught a bus to Place de la Concorde then walked up the Champs-Elysées a bit and caught a bus past the Arc de Triomphe and on to La Defense because we were cold and wet and had had enough and there we could catch a train back to the car. Nazih and Carols sister Elaine who has lived in France both implored us to have a crépe while we were in Paris but it was just too cold and wet so we'll have to save that joy for the future.

As we headed out of Paris about 4.30pm the sun finally decided to try to break through the cloud but the air remained freezing. We are heading toward Boulogne-sur-mer where we hope to meet up with French couple we met while couchsurfing at the same place in Ecuador and Peru and have remained in contact with.

To see our photos  http://cjb.pascoe.net.nz/   (click on or copy and paste into browser)


About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.