Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Sao Paulo, Brazil

BRAZIL | Sunday, 20 December 2009 | Views [598]

Costs pp: Bus from Curitiba 59rs 6.5 hours, local buses 2.3rs, metro 2.55rs

A good trip from Curitiba, we like to travel in the day so we can see the countryside but on this trip we drifted in and out of slumber because of our fun times with Helder and friends. We travelled through beautifully green countryside with some idyllic views, the ones we saw when prising our eyes open! The bus station in SP was chaotic to say the least, it reminded Carol of some of the train stations in India. People and bags everywhere and hardly any space left. We took the opportunity to buy our ticket on to Rio for Wednesday and lucky too because nearly all the buses, going to the place we needed to go, were full. We managed to get seats on the 2.45pm bus on the 23rd which will arrive there at 9pm that evening. Even though it doesn't look that far between the cities on the map Brasil is so huge that it is deceiving.

We followed the great instructions of our `couch´ and caught the metro out to a station and walked to their home meeting on the way some other couchsurfers who were also staying there and they showed us the way. Our couch, Steven and Patricia, are trying to live self sustainably and have solar hot water and fruit trees in their lovely home. The first day we just relaxed, the weather is tiring us a bit and we sometimes find it hard to get any energy. The next day we headed to a huge park in the centre of town and went to an Afro-Brasilian museum. It was big too and very interesting, stuffed full of all sorts of things. We wandered through it and through the park then walked back into the centre of town  and had a look around and then metroed home.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.