Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Nosara, still on the costa

COSTA RICA | Saturday, 18 April 2009 | Views [1507]

On Thursday Linda took us to catch the bus down to Nicoya where we missed the bus to Nosara by about 5 minutes so had to wait at the terminal for 3 hours. It wasn't too bad as some cloud came over and cooled the midday air a little and we discovered some cheap iceblocks for 175colones.

The bus from Nicoya to Nosara started off ok then turned onto a dusty potholed road that was only about 30km but took an hour to cover. At Nosara we headed to ´The Enchanted Forest´ where we couchsurfed with Brenda and her Dad, Jim. It is a hostel / campground in the midst of trees, close to the beach and Brenda is an ex professional boxer whose stage name was La Tigra. When we get the pics up you will see some promo pics of her. She is such a really nice person. We slept in one of her tents, it is bigger than ours and we had a sponge mattress each. We meant to stay for 3 nights but stayed 5. We spent each day helping her with things around the place. Kent repaired a roof that was catching on at tree and repaired the door to her dads room. Carol helped to clean and sort her storage shed. Kent also helped her sort her electrical stuff, in this environment nothing lasts any length of time.

We ate out 2 nights and both nights ate a dish called Chimichangas, deep fried chicken filled tortilla with guacamole on top and rice and beans. YUM YUM YUM. sorry didn´t have our camera to take a pic. Carol got to swim in the sea which was about 50mtrs away, it was calm and warm and the bay is quite long. Of course there were lots of people there surfing.

Last night before bed Brenda gave Carol a massage which involved Brenda standing on a charged plate and Carol holding a fluorescent light bulb, this allowed electricity to flow thru Brenda and into Carols body as Brenda massaged. Carol- It felt tingly at the fingers and sort of buzzy when Brenda was massaging. To make the current stronger Brenda would use one hand then two fingers then one finger. We´ll see over the next few days how things go, today my back feels really good. It was an interesting experience!

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.