Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

and into Costa Rica

COSTA RICA | Wednesday, 15 April 2009 | Views [791]

We bused back to Rivas via Managua. Both buses were full and we had to stand in the aisles. In Rivas we got a room back at the Gaury 1 hotel and went straight to the great local restaurant we went to when here last. We took some pics of our meal, which is really what we have been eating once a day at restaurants from Mexico on down. This one had a really yummy tuttifrutti jugo natural drink.

Today (14th) we came through the border to Costa Rica. No problems or hassles. It cost us US$3 each to exit Nicaragua and nothing to enter Costa Rica. The walk through the border was easy and short and we caught a bus from there to Liberia.

In Liberia we had a bit of trouble trying to get cash out of an ATM but finally found an HSBC that had one that worked. Bussed on to Playa del Coco and tonight we are staying with Linda, a lovely couchsurfer who has welcomed us into her home. We are here for 2 nights along with her cat 'Dos' and chihuahua 'Folly' and her wonderful swimming pool!

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.