Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Rivas

NICARAGUA | Tuesday, 31 March 2009 | Views [768]

We got up early to go to Moyagalpa to catch the ferry and saw our neighbours leaving, they told us that a ferry left from about 500mtrs down from where we were staying at Chico Lago so that saved us the effort of going down to the main road and catching a bus etc etc. The ferry was a big one and the lake was calm so no problems for Carol even tho as soon as she got on board she could feel the rolling. The trip was only an hour and we were deposited in San Jorge and caught a taxi to Rivas. Our taxi driver was a really nice guy who took us to a nice hotel where we deposited our gear and then went for a wander around the town.

The next day we caught a bus out to San Juan del Sur, one of their famous beaches. The ride was 45 minutes and as always was an entertaining local bus. The beach was ok, maybe we are getting jaded, or maybe it would look better after the rains. Carol got to have a couple of swims, the waves were low and the water just right. Kent sat on the beach in the shade designing. We stayed the day which was a real scorcher.

We didn't take any pics in Rivas but did of the beach, unfortunately they are on Kents camera and the cord for that has been lost and it is too expensive to buy another so it will be a while before we get those on here.  :)

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.