Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Estelí

NICARAGUA | Tuesday, 10 March 2009 | Views [976]

We traveled on to Esteli and found a campground for US$2 each or about 40 cordobas and they had a restaurant so we sat down to have lunch and here we made a HUGE mistake. We didn't ask how much the food was, it never occurred to any of us that it would be overly expensive, after all it was a campground and this is Nicaragua - right? No, he charged us 150 cordobas each, that is about US$7.50 or NZ$15 each for a plate of food! We nearly died, that is just about all our budget for one day! Imagine spending $30 on 2 plates of food, fish, rice and salad. We might as well be eating in NZ. Ah well we won't make that mistake again.

Next stop is San Benito, this is where we will part company with our new friends. They travel on to Managua and we will try to catch a bus to Juigalpa and from there on to Rama and down the river to Bluefields.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.