Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Obrator National Park, Honduras - north of the capital Tegucigalpa

HONDURAS | Friday, 6 March 2009 | Views [918]

8 March 2009 - We stayed two nights in Marcala then headed toward Tegucigalpa, which is the capital of Honduras, there we headed north to stay in a National Park. The park was only full of pine trees but it was peaceful and pretty. We camped at a park called Obrador (35 limpera entry per person per night) beside the van in our trusty tent and had a couple of lazy days. Darcy and Juan did a walk but Rolene wasn't able to, her wounds still healing, we just lazed, Carol is still getting over a bit of a cold which has her all stuffed up. In the evenings we played Canasta, this has been such a different way to travel, no decisions to make and lots of company and laughs. It will be strange to get back on the road on our own again.

10 March 2009 - After two nights we headed back into Tegucigalpa to the UNAH University where Rolene had an appointment to speak to the students. After that we headed for the border at Los Manos. There the usual crapola went on, they fined the campervan US$250 because the last border personal didn't give it the right paperwork. We each had to pay US$3 each to leave Honduras and another US$7 to enter Nicaragua. It's all a crock as they are operating under an agreement which allows travel with no borders between the four countries but there is nothing we can do but pay it if we want to travel on.

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Honduras

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.