Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Keep calm and carry on

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 3 July 2015 | Views [659]

We trundle along happily then life throws those curveballs in there just so we don't relax too much. When you are young you ride the waves of those curveballs and revel in the containment or control of the situation. The stress is like adrenaline pushing us up and onward. You feel so strong and capable when you have overcome the challenge.

As you get older you don't ride the waves so well, prefer (maybe it's just me) for things to be smooth sailing.

The other morning I got up for work and had such a knot in my stomach that I went back to bed and actually fell deeply asleep for about half an hour when I had to jump up and race to work. The solution of course is not sleep, nor to slide into depression but rather to take action and move forward.

Unless something is going to kill you it is important not to lose perspective. Anything else can be worked through. Look back at those moments when life seemed to be tossing you about like a cork and realise you are looking back, you are alive, life has moved on.

Action taken...

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.