Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

2 - Trip to Oz

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 31 October 2014 | Views [818]

At the beginning of this year when I was booking our flights for our USA trip there was an advert for cheap flights to the Gold Coast and I booked a flight over our Labour Weekend in October to have a week with Corrin. Luckily my employers are great, although I didn't tell them about the plan until after I came back from USA. Only 4 days off work as our Labour Day is a Monday off.

I took the bus to Auckland after work last Wednesday and stayed the night at Luke's, he and Katherine met me at the bus. Katherine told me they were waiting hiding in the bush lol, she is speaking well now, enunciates each word separately and clearly.

Got to read stories that night and again in the morning then Luke dropped me at the airport.

In Oz I was picked up by my friends Ngaire and Cameron who have just moved over to the GC are living in Burleigh Heads and are now looking for work there. We had a few hours together then we headed off to Corrins in Gaven.

I had a lovely week, the weather was HOT - I love it! - one of the nights was their hottest in history, one of the days got up in the mid 30's yeah! We did something every day, and Corrin gave me a spray tan and some new eyelashes. This is her new business and she is doing very well at it. Adam has made the cottage below into her work area and she has enough clients for her to work 3 days a week while Adam looks after Georgia.

I just loved spending time with Georgia. She is a pretty chilled little muffin. Vey happy and sleeps well. She has just discovered her voice and how to scream so practises now and then through the day, in the lounge, in the car, in the mall, in the shop haha. She is such a cutey (unbiased opinion...) she loves to climb about on the lounge suite and lung onto the pillows.

   Georgia

Flew back to NZ yesterday (Wednesday) at midnight, the plane had to circle for an hour because there was a storm going on over the airport. What a welcome that and 15 degrees. No problems coming through customs, quick coz I don't have luggage. I did carry back a planter system which sat awkwardly on top of my carry on but all good.

Had a nice surprise to find Kent waiting for me instead of Luke as I came out of arrivals. He had driven up in the storm to pick me up :)

We drove back arriving in Rotorua around 4 am, the house was all vacuumed and clean, how nice. Piled into bed and slept until 10am then headed off to work.

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.