Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Jiggydyjig

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 12 July 2014 | Views [806]

Home again, luckily the weather was perfect when we came back, thank you weatherman-person! We arrived early and Luke picked us up at 5.30am in darkness but not too coldness. At his home we managed to disturb Miss 2 yr old and I snuck down the pitch black passageway to just have a wee peek to hear her say 'Nanma!'  lol, boy has she got good eyesight! Of course then she had to get up and have some stories and show Nanma how to play with the play dough Mum had made.

We headed on down the island around 8am still in sunshine and visited friends on our arrival in Rotorua. Maxine (I continuously thank my lucky stars for bringing this woman into my life) had made us a pot of soup so we didn't have to go near the supermarket, just went home unpacked, ate, and at 4.30pm went to bed for 12 hours.

We have worked all week and it went okay except that Kent has picked up a bad cold from someone who should have stayed home from work. He is in bed sick today (Saturday) but has to work tomorrow poor chap. Will feel sad for him while I sit here by the fire watching movies. Yes the weather has deteriorated to rain and wind and the fire is going...

Our flatmates looked after Muppet and Molly wonderfully and their cat Pippin is now an accepted member of the family. Sadly they have told us they will be leaving around the end of August as university in Palmerston beckons. Darn, they are great to live with.

Already dreaming about a next adventure...

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.