Existing Member?

Each journey begins with a single step... Two kiwis escaping from the island to explore strange new worlds and boldly go where thousands have gone before... . .

Dependance

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 26 August 2013 | Views [626]

I went to work for 2 hours for the first time last Friday and then on Monday I went for 3 hours. I am standing up fairly straight though my stomach is tight. It's my back that can't take the sitting or using my arms at desk height for too long.

Last week I felt so good on the Monday that I did 5 hours work at home, I did it sitting at the table. I felt fine that day but the next under my right arm was very painful. So painful it was hard to move and hard to breathe. I lay on the couch a lot and slept. It took 3 days to settle down. Kent is very protective of me, I'm not to drive, not to overdo things, but it's hard being so restrained. There are things that need doing around the house that I know will have to wait but I want to sort them out NOW! In my early twenties I thought one of my biggest failings was my lack of patience, I used to try to teach myself, put myself in situations where I had to use it. Message to self: you are now receiving your biggest lesson. Lucky I get so tired I have to sleep a lot, it makes time pass a little more quickly.

Kent's a great cook, he takes bits from here and there and create's mouthwatering morsels. I am finally able to wash myself in the shower and can walk a little further each day. Think about it, suddenly not being able to do all these things that you do automatically. Not only being not able to do them but also not having the energy either. I have to say it is extremely hard for me to be a dependant person.

Although I prefer not to take medication I'm finding having paracetamol at night is helping a lot with my ability to sleep without discomfort and therefore feel more 'normal' the next day.

This concentration on 'me' goes right against the grain, soon be over and looking outwards again. We have such plans!

 

 

About nomad_kiwis


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.