Existing Member?

Raw love

Bob has a story

TURKEY | Sunday, 19 April 2015 | Views [133] | Scholarship Entry

I was in Turkey for a Workaway project.
In the farm where I stayed there was a lovley couple around 70s, Ione and Bob.
They were the parents of our young group, they always ready to help and give us a gently words.
One day, we divided in couple and we must share a funny experience we had. My partner was Bob and I was quite disappointed of that, I meant "C'mon! Can really this old and nice man has a funny experience?"
Oh yes he had, and it was so damn hilarious. I felt so shame when my story was about when an aboriginal, in australia, attempt to stole my bag (and actually he did) , and run away in the middle of the night leaving me alone crying and after been saved from a regular customer of the cafe where I worked( still wondering what he's doing at 4am on his homemade motorbike).
Bob was really perplexed. He kindly told me that wasn't a funny experience at all.
I know, he's right. But I must thing about it like that.
He convinced me to think an another story and after few minutes I came up with a short one,when I asked to my crash about his boyfriend (instead brother), saying goodbye for ever to any chance with him.
After this 10 minutes with Bob, I realized I want to be like him.
He knows a lot of things, he has been everywhere and he has a story for everything.
My treasure is to discover the importance of sharing and the promise, to my self, to live this damn life ;).

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About nicoleraw


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.