Existing Member?

PEACE GIVE IT A CHANCE

PEACE AND POLLUTION

PAKISTAN | Tuesday, 13 May 2014 | Views [182] | Scholarship Entry

It was the scorching red-hot sun in mid-May, I left for Pak-India border for sampling of polluted cross-border river Sutlej. I was thinking what have we achieved so special and quirky by fabricating restrictions like border? It’s still a scorching interrogation of my murky instinct. My nerves stopped communique. There were many of militias who were proud of “we are the first line protectors”.
Everything was entirely newfangled for me: the little naked foot drifting kids with arduous eyes, the elders besieged under canopies home to hundreds of birds and the busy youngsters devoid of every kind of technology, all were tossing pinching questions, why do we suffer only? I could imagine the thousands of villagers devoid of true life and alive like nonentity. There was none familiar about the existence of universities.
What was that? Were they the sweetheart for life or request for life? Was it a sheer question or a remorseful life-cycle? Was it grief-stricken situation or an exultant defender’s shrug? They had everything except pride, cheerfulness or future. Every being was just huffing, not living. This pain can be understood by those who are living around the borders. They eat fresh vegetables but devoid of education. What about the wealth of soul?
They had no future under the ‘friendly’ roaring guns taking an innocent life of the only son of a widow, whereas the adolescent lassies were relentlessly in danger of sexual harassment by the so called defenders. We have sown the seeds of peace with the prayers uttered by guns hoping it will be a peaceful part of land? If the widow will have another son, what will he be imparted? He will cram to bout when he will learn that his father died due to a disease sent down the river by some big fish as pollutant.
How can we anticipate peace when we alter nature? How is it possible that terrorists do not find new recruits when there is no love and unbalanced life style? Peace is priceless jewel which takes hundreds of thousands hours still nascent under-development.
World is full of opportunities to everyone either businessmen or a child. Peace also wants an opportunity to prevail, are you ready to pave its way? If no, soon terrorism will be your problem too. Fish can’t fight for their vanishing offspring’s due to greedy Homo sapiens nor do birds mourn for their lost homes due to unending greed of big fishes. When I saw the border area, my conscience had a trembling prayer for peace for every creation of this biosphere.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About newyorktimes


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Pakistan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.