Existing Member?

HappyOnTheRoad

After a year

MOROCCO | Friday, 13 November 2015 | Views [391]

I have been enjoying the brief moments of enlightenment (if you can call it that) lately. The moments that come naturally with the flow of life. Life has been recreated on the roads for me for the last year. With every new destination came new emotions, that cannot be put into words easily. Writing this piece in a "Grand Taxi" on the way to the High Atlas mountains, Morocco. Almost one year of traveling… Just when I start thinking that I am ready to settle and a little tired of changing locations, I get that tingly feeling that tells me how lucky I am to be here at this very moment.

All kinds of feeling 'arise and fall' -as Ajahn Chah puts it in his book- living on the road. Conditions change constantly but always something good comes along as far as I can manage to listen to my feelings and trust the flow. The road thought me that everything in transient; feelings, conditions, people. This is hard to embrace sometimes, but gives me the greatest relief of my life also. I don't have to control what happens next, I don't have to love what happens next. But that is OK! This is life and how I feel about it is mostly my perception and nothing else.

As I am approaching the little village Imlil, the scenery resembles more and more of Nepal. I feel like I am on a circle going round and round. But each time I pass the same point, it feels fresh and new. The best things cannot be put in the words - at least not by me- This is just a vague attempt to capture the moment. 

Tags: morocco, mountains, travel

 

About nesrin

Kaikoura

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.