Existing Member?

Just drifting by

Be aware of drinking alcohol!

CANADA | Saturday, 29 September 2007 | Views [365]

I was visiting some museums with my german friend Kati. When we were just on our way home a german guy heard us speaking german and so we stopped chating for a while... for about an hour actually!
He was pretty nice and very talkative. He told us that sometime he was in a club here and at 3am he was kicked out as the club was closing. He still had to finish his glass of beer so he took it out with him to finish it there. He was walking with it whitout thinking that in North America it is forbidden to drink alcohol in the street!
And of course he got caught by the police. The officer asked him if he had an ID. He said no. The officer asked him if he could control him. He said yes and unfortunatelly the officer found his driving license and his passport which was ID enough!
Well in the end the poor guy had to through his beer away and to pay a fine of 141$!!! It's pretty expensive to finish your beer outside of a club as it seems. But as Stephan (the german guy we met) said at least he was lucky because in NYC the put you straight away handcuffs on!!

Tags: Misadventures

About natha


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.